Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question to the sword experts.

Article about: I noticed after member Replace had post his sword thread about his Heer officer dove head sword - Emil Voos, Solingen. and I had posted my makers mark thread about my sword made by Paul Seil

?

Default Question to the sword experts.

I noticed after member Replace had posted his sword thread about his Heer officer dove head sword - Emil Voos, Solingen. and I had posted my makers mark thread about my sword made by Paul Seilheimer Solingen. That our swords have very similar looking handles. Were these made by a secondary manufacture and shared with the sword makers of Solingen?

Question to the sword experts.Question to the sword experts.
    Question to the sword experts.Question to the sword experts.

Thanks for any help
    Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question to the sword experts.
    P
    Many

Hi Phil, Found you. Sorry for any confusion. Not an expert but a long in the tooth collector and as such, may I suggest that there are at least three possible answers to your question in my opinion.

1. Manufacturers copying each others patterns but adding very minor variations?
    2. Associated manufacturers sharing patterns and parts?
    3 Smaller or less prolific manufacturers purchasing parts from larger firms?

There may well be other explanations but I think that one of the above is likely. May I refer you to a couple of threads in the German Edged Weapons Sub Forum concerning swords which cover langet Patterns. Yours is one of the most attractive obverse langet patterns and as such is more likely to have been copied? You may be surprised at how similar both the obverse and reverse langets supplied by some manufacturers were.

Hope this helps you. Cheers Michael R

Sword Langets - An Aid to Manufacturer Identification -- Eagles of the TR

An Aid to Manufacturer Identification -- Other Langet Designs

?

Thank You Michael. I do appreciate your assistance with this.
    On another note you have a beautiful sword collection!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I do notice that the "swirl" at each end of the cross guard is different. So definitely a different cast in my opinion. Just an observation.

Hummel

Hi Phil, I hope that you do not mind me butting in on your thread? Hi Hummel, what you have described is exactly the sort of thing that I was referring to in post 2 line 1, minor variations. Thank you for your observation.
    Cheers Michael R