MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Double Eagle Sword

Article about: A seldom seen double eagle sword - the sword which is attrributed to Maker:Emil Voos (see Angolias book ,Swords of Germany, page 126). The sword has the highlighted open wing eagle on the cr

?

Default Rare Double Eagle Sword

Rare Double Eagle SwordRare Double Eagle SwordRare Double Eagle SwordRare Double Eagle SwordA seldom seen double eagle sword - the sword which is attrributed to Maker:Emil Voos (see Angolias book ,Swords of Germany, page 126). The sword has the highlighted open wing eagle on the crossgurad and another eagle with its wings down (Heer Pattern)on the knuckle-bow. The grip is brass and has beautiful designs in addition to the eagles.The blade is excellent as is the scabbard - a keeper in the collection.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Double Eagle Sword
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rare Double Eagle Sword

Yep- Voos pattern saber. I'm not sure how I feel about scarcity on these particular Voos patterns. I own an earlier brass hilted example. I've seen alot of these over the past 10 years, leading me to believe they are not as scarce as we might have thought. I've been trying to hammer down an Nr. # on these...been going through period Voos catalogs and still can't find it......I will one day though, that I vow!!!

Hey, they are still pretty cool looking sabers though, and who can complain about a saber which retains not 1, but 2 Wehrmacht eagles and National symbols.

Horst, well done and a keeper for sure!

Tom

?

Great looking sword,lovely condition.

?

Really nice.
    SteveR

?

Thanks for your replies -
    Tom - Maybe scarce is overkill probably more like "not often" seen - Im not a sword collector more into the daggers and Political Leader Regalia but now and then a sword catches my eye and I have to have it ,for example this one and ones like the "Prinz Eugen" etc - I know you have a substantial sword collection and have your eye out for the long blades so you see them more than I would. Thanks for your comments -
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Nice sword. There are plenty of these around, but mostly beaters.Tough to find one in "primo" condition.

another one of your beuties horst thanks for showing
    cheers Ronnie

I'm sure you guys recall when Mike M did his SA scarcity rating chart. It would be nice to have something like that available for sabers. But...talk about a monumental task.

These Voos patterns are desireable and do typically command a higher price. The dual wehrmacht eagle is pretty neat to find on a saber. For a blade collector, this Voos is a great representative Heer officer piece to own....and it sure displays well Horst. As mentioned, a keeper for sure.