Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Regarding advice on Australian Customs!

Article about: Hello guys! I'm looking for some information from some of my fellow collectors in Australia! I have recently purchased an ASW43 K89 Bayonet and it is on it's way from the U.S! I spoke to cus

Exclamation Regarding advice on Australian Customs!

Hello guys!

I'm looking for some information from some of my fellow collectors in Australia!

I have recently purchased an ASW43 K89 Bayonet and it is on it's way from the U.S!

I spoke to customs before the transaction went ahead and the woman that I spoke to said that BAYONETS are not restricted imports. I thought this was great news and went ahead with the purchase.

I then went on to research on some other forums and decided to email a customs officer asking if the fact that the bayonet has a double edge would be a problem.

I recieved an email back stating that double edged bayonets are restricted and it would be impounded.

I called again and my call was answered by another customs officer. He informed me that both single and double edged BAYONETS are not restricted as bayonets are exempt from the 'double edged rule', he said that as long as it was a bayonet, it could be imported with a double edge. He double checked with another officer and he also confirmed this as true.

I am now left wondering if I will have any issues with this.. Any Australian members here that can share experience with double edged bayonets and customs?

Thanks guys for your help!

Joshua

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Regarding advice on Australian Customs!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Regarding advice on Australian Customs!

Not usually a problem if you are a legit collector-are you a member of any of your local collector clubs?-that usually helps.

Hi Lithgow,

Unfortunately I am not aware of any clubs in my local area. I have spoken to both customs and the Victorian police, however this one apparently incorrect officer has made me a tad nervous. Do you know of others who have imported double edged bayos?

Thanks for the reply mate!

-Joshua

Last year I bought a Yugoslav bayo for my M48 Mauser from the US-that was no problem-a major collector/dealer I know did mention the double edge thing recently but said it wasn't a problem for a collector.

Just received the bayonet today! It came through without a hitch.. I simply had it labelled as 'Antique Bayonet' and there where no issues! Thanks for the help mate!

-Joshua

Hi !

Month´s ago I swapped some blank weapon´s with a collector´s mate in Norway, (this man sent two fighting knives to me).

But, the parcel wasnt´t shipped to Austria, unfortunally it made a journey to Australia ...

In Australia the parcel was opened and stamped with: SGF Opened by Australia Post for inspection by Quarantine and: EXPRESS & AIR SERVICES ADELAIDE ...

After controlling the content of the parcel the guy´s downunder pasted it up very carefully and sent it to my adress in Austria.
    Finally I got my fighting knive´s undamaged due to the thoroughness of the Austalian post !

"We do not have Kangaroo´s in Austria !"

Some well travelled blades you have there Reibert!

Joshua-congrats-can you post some pics of your new bayo?

That's quite the story Reibert! Glad that they arrived safe and sound!

Lithgow, let me just snap off some pictures for you and I'll make a new thread!

-Joshua

Good job getting it through customs without a hitch, I am in the process of talking to them and seeing if I can get a Hitler youth knife through before I purchase it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast