Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!

Article about: Amazing restoration work, i take my hat of to Peter May i ask how much it cost to restore your saber ? Regards Mac 66.

Default RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!

Hello to all collectors!
    For this time I want to show you something special - advanced restoration of Army officer saber. This saber was made by E. & F. Horster producer. Blade tang is marked by "P+D" (Paul Dinger?) and another marking which seems to be "D". Each part is marked with numbers too. So lets back to restoration, saber was in really poor condition. Scabbard was rusty and more than 60% of paint was missing and it was heavily damaged on its end. Blade was also broken more than 15 cm from tip, and 75% of plating was missing. Crossguard was broken on two places. Grip wire was missing too, but the rest which left has a lot of damage too. So I try to restore this saber by myself, but I was no successful, so I ask for help several persons, but everybody told me, that this saber can´t be restored, it is impossible, because it has too many damages. Only one person, collector from Czech republic decide to help me with restoration. So I send saber to him and wait what he can do with it. We communicated a lot by e-mails, in which he send me a lot of photos, mostly with his progress on work with saber. After month he send me saber back - and now you can see the result - this man named Peter has GOLD HANDS - each detail, on saber which need to be restored is done perfectly - his work is undetectable! Peter - man who restore this damaged saber, bring it back to life! It is very nice to see saber, which nobody wants to restore in full glory. I also know the name of officer and my some members of my family know him, he was a Wehrmacht soldier, and only this saber and couple of his photos on uniform left...

Please enjoy restoration photos of saber - step by step.

And if anybody has heavily damaged items - edged weapons - sabers, daggers, bayonets, degens, fighting knifes, or badges, belt buckles or anything and want it restored, just contact me and I send you contact to Mr. Peter, which can certainly do almost everything - I believe it. His prices are not expensive!

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!   RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!  

RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!   RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!  

RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!   RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!  

RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RESTORATION of Army officer saber - must see!
    P
    Many

Wow! A great deal of skill gone into this...bravo!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

WOW... looks amazing indeed!!

A standing ovation for preserving History. Absolutely lovely!! A rebirth of its former glory !
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Job well done!
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Wonderful job of restoration, just amazing.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

there's some very clever people out there.

Most impressive work.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Impressive indeed!

?

I've seen some excellent restoration projects but this one is museum quality, I think this man has a very rare talent and one that would be hard to learn or duplicate

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast