Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Robert Klaas Lionshead sword

Article about: by Farradin Thanks guys! And thanks for the translation HPL! What does this symbol stands for? Attachment 265038 I would guess that is the monogrammed initial of the person that recieved thi

Default Robert Klaas Lionshead sword

Hello.

I bought this sword yeasterday and would like some opinions about it. I'm not doubting it's originality but would like some info about it! Is it an common type? Also if someone could help me out with the inscription. I paid 300 € for it, was it too much?

Sorry for the bad pics. But it's quite hard to take good pictures of a sword.

Attachment 264905Attachment 264894Attachment 264906Attachment 264895Attachment 264892Attachment 264891Attachment 264889Attachment 264900Attachment 264890Attachment 264893Attachment 264907

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Robert Klaas Lionshead sword
    P
    Many

Default Re: Robert Klaas Lionshead sword

A very nice sword!
    I can't give you any info on it, but I don't think you over paid for it.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice officer grade sword for a fair price I think Farradin! The scabbard appears repainted at some stage, and some good pic's of the blade would be good to see. I think the dedication on the guard lifts the desirability considerably, it may be possible to trace the recipient, any chance you could type it out, 'cos I'm having difficulty reading it?

I haven't seen many lions head swords by Klass before, most you see are the 'Doves head' type, but I remember seeing one that had no inscription, a 'freckled' blade and a huge ding in the scabbard sold for over 425 Euro's a while back, so good score there mate!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you guys!

I'm actually really happy with it. Been kinda looking for a sword for a while now. A little hard to figure out the inscription but it's something like this :

Unserem Komp. Chef f Andeken "L" Komp. 16.1 11.2.1939 Strass

What does Unserem stands for? And do you think that the "L" stands for Lehr?

Agree that the scabbard is repainted. The blade is OK, got some damage on the "sharp" side but nothing that bad. Gonna take some pics of the blade tomorrow.

The first bit means something like "Our company chief F. Andeken, 'L' company". Really you need Andreas or another German speaker to get the whole thing correct. I think 'L' is just that, as would be 'A', 'B', 'C' etc. Kompanie. BTW, I forgot to mention the engraving on the hilt, pommel and hand guard, it is very fine compared to most other makers of these swords, another nice thing going for it!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Farradin View Post
    I'm actually really happy with it. Been kinda looking for a sword for a while now. A little hard to figure out the inscription but it's something like this :

Unserem Komp. Chef f Andeken "L" Komp. 16.1 11.2.1939 Strass

What does Unserem stands for? And do you think that the "L" stands for Lehr?
    It says...:

"Unserem Komp. [= Kompanie] Chef z [= zum] Andenken
    'L' Komp.
    [= Kompanie] 16.1. 11.2.1939 Strass"

...meaning:

"To our Company Commander as a memory
    'L' Co. 16 Jan. 11 Feb. 1939 Strass
    "

"Strass" would appear to be a geographical designation. (There are numerous places called "Strass" or "Straß" in Germany and Austria.)

Don't know about the "L". As far as I know, in the Wehrmacht companies were always numbered (1., 2., 3. etc.), not designated by letters. Still, I guess it could be an abbreviation for "Lehr" [= Training-] indeed.

Nice sword. It's what i have been looking for, for some time now. The last one i had in mind cost 550 euros but the blade was damaged so i let it pass.
    Repainted scabbard for me is a problem but for 300 euros it's ok
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Very nice sword, Anton! Thanks for showing.

Regards

Thanks guys! And thanks for the translation HPL!

What does this symbol stands for?

Attachment 265038

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast