Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Robert Klaas Solingen Pantherhead Sword

Article about: Robert Klaas Solingen Panther Head Sword: I'm not sure who this type of sword would be issued to, but I'm sure many of you would know that. I picked this up about 10 years ago. I wish I had

Default Robert Klaas Solingen Pantherhead Sword

Robert Klaas Solingen Panther Head Sword:

I'm not sure who this type of sword would be issued to, but I'm sure many of you would know that.

I picked this up about 10 years ago. I wish I had waited for one with a scabbard, but I didn't. I paid $200 for it then. The blade has a very slight bend about 1 1/2" from the tip, of maybe 5 or so degrees. It's not much, and could probably be bent back if you had the know how. I've never tried for fear of damaging it. There's a little bit of pitting on the blade as well, but otherwise no major damage. Still, with all these issues, it's probably not a particularly good example. If nothing else, I think I was able to capture the amazing detail that went into these swords, which is quite beautiful.

One question, do I need to clean off the little bits of green oxidization or whatever that is, or should I leave it alone?

Last edited by Larry C; 07-03-2014 at 09:37 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Robert Klaas Solingen Pantherhead Sword
    P
    Many

Decided to take some new photos of my sword with our more recent camera. I've swapped out the previous ones with the new ones.

Wish I had a scabbard for this. If anyone comes across a correct scabbard for sale, please let me know.

?

That is a nice one. I have the same pattern but mine was made by Paul Seilheimer of Solingen.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Scott that crossguard eagle screems "Im a Kissing crane!!!"
    Look at the block pattern on its chest, only had 1 look at it to know its a Klaas!
    These swords are very high quality build items, do not worry about a bit of green patina, lots of collecters are crazy for it!
    It will not harm the sword and if you wish its easy to remove, but i would say keep it this way!

Although its missing its scabbard it still is a lovely sword!

Cheers,
    Ger

I have almost the same sword like this one, and like you, no scabbard. But at the time I couldn't pass on the price. From time to time I see scabbards on eBay. Sometimes even Bunkermilitaria.com has scabbards on eBay as well. Just have to find the right one! Your's is in a lot better shape then mine though. Nice one!

Hi For what its worth, I think that you have a class Klaas sword there and would and have purchased cheap poor swords just to swap the scabbard over for a good sword - Heretic!! I have one with the same Political Eagle in my collection and IMO these are among the best of the eagles to be found on any German Army sword. Very nice item!!!¬
    Cheers Michael R