Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA sword real or fantasy ??

Article about: Hi guys I do not have much knowledge about swords, which is why I wanted to ask what you think of this SA swprd . This is real whether it is a fantasy ?? Annoyed from this ads?   Thx Mi

Default SA sword real or fantasy ??

Hi guys
    I do not have much knowledge about swords, which is why I wanted to ask what you think of this SA swprd . This is real whether it is a fantasy ??
    Thx Michal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA sword real or fantasy ??   SA sword real or fantasy ??  

SA sword real or fantasy ??   SA sword real or fantasy ??  

SA sword real or fantasy ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA sword real or fantasy ??
    P
    Many

I believe it may have started as an original but has been doctored up in an attempt to get more money for it.
    Just my opinion as I do not like the etch on the blade.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Michal where do you keep finding these treasures ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Heh Larry, I have a metal detector, I go looking, and occasionally find such wonders. But seriously I have a lot of friends and often have to sell this kind of thing. At home I have more such treasures as I will have more time will put some pics in the forum. I do not know much about swords , but the motto on the blade struck me as odd, that's why I posted pictures on the forum to know the opinion of others.
    Regards Michal

Now perhaps some high resolution pictures will change my opinion, but regrettably I see multiple things that would cause me to keep on walking if I saw this sword for sale at a show from what I'm seeing in the images. Best Regards, Fred

Michal could we get better photos of the etch as Fred has requested?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I agree with ralph on this one, but that maker mark looks like some sloppy crap.

I'll see what I can do. I'll talk with a friend, and ask him for additional pictures.

A very rare sword if its real, like the guys say better pics would help a lot but also mentioned MM is very poor, as many photos possible please
    cheers Ronnie

Im not seeing the detail on the lions head at all..and a recent rub off of the gilt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast