Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS NCO Sword added to my Collection

Article about: -- I recently purchased this SS NCO sword locally to add to my growing collection. The condition appears to be quite good. I'm quite excited to have acquired this as I understand they're rat

Default SS NCO Sword added to my Collection

-- I recently purchased this SS NCO sword locally to add to my growing collection. The condition appears to be quite good. I'm quite excited to have acquired this as I understand they're rather rare to come across?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS NCO Sword added to my Collection
    P
    Many

?

Text book in beautiful condition ! Congratulations .

Great item.

SS NCO swords are rarer than officer versions .......................

In very fine condition, even the scabbard paint exceptional.

-- Is that right, eh? Interesting. I knew they were quite rare but didn't think more so than an officers! Do you know why Robin?

Very nice indeed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Lovely NCO sword in exceptional condition, that one would fit in nice into my collection
    Harder to find then an officers one!

Ger

?

From the photos, for me it's quite possibly a repainted shell. As well as the areas of the upper scabbard fitting background to the Wotan's knot design, and perhaps also the background of the runes. I could certainly be mistaken. But being quite familiar with these degens, that's the impression that I get. All the same, a nice degen.

Quote by Mediumtall View Post
    -- Is that right, eh? Interesting. I knew they were quite rare but didn't think more so than an officers! Do you know why Robin?
    Every SS-VT/SS-TV/Waffen-SS officer commissioned before 1941 got a sword. Selected Allgemeine-SS officers likewise. So Officer swords are rare, but not THAT rare.

Only very senior Waffen-SS NCOs (Sgt. Majors, basically) qualified for a sword .................. and there were far less of them than there were officers.

Hence the rarity of the NCO sword.

Put it this way .................. I have an SS officer sword, a Police officer sword (with SS pommel runes), and a Police NCO sword.

The only one of the 'set of 4' I don't have is yours !!

?

Excellent condition and a nice addition to any collection. Whittmann usually has 4-5 Officers for every NCO he has in stock. Rare but they still sell for about half what a offers in similar condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast