MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS / Polizei Frankenstein degen

Article about: Hello ... I'm being offered this degen for purchase ... I'm highly skeptical to say the least BUT since one never knows and i'm eager to learn so i don't want to send a item at the stake if

Default SS / Polizei Frankenstein degen

Hello ... I'm being offered this degen for purchase ... I'm highly skeptical to say the least BUT since one never knows and i'm eager to learn so i don't want to send a item at the stake if there is any ( small ) chance it could be genuine ...

The portepee is a copy but that was pointed from the start by the seller

The sword is a WKC ... encountering this maker on a Polizei sword is common but on a SS fuhrer degen ?

If i am not mistaken a SS fuhrerdegen blade is either : PD KREBS / PMD for the Dachau model / or no maker at all .. That would be a first for me...

The SS logo on the blade is from what i recall an early acceptance stamp .. It doesn't fit with the regular Kulturzeichen found on thses swords...

The SS disk looks fine though a bit smaller than the "textbook" ones but the grip wiring doesn't go under the disk ... that exists but i don't like it ...

The rest of the sword looks fine but i think it is a Polizei officer degen turned into a SS officer degen ... The real question is ... Could it be period ?

That degen will remain question to caution ... and to be honest i really would like it to be true ...

here is the beast ...

The button is locking directly on the tang like the polizei Officer models .... But it seems that this model also existed for some SS fuhrerdegens as well .. Do you confirm ?

besides i don't like that dismantling mania over edged weapons ... but that is a good occasion to see how it is constructed i must admit

Any opinion ?

Many thanks in advance

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS / Polizei Frankenstein degen
    P
    Many

Kurt, A very dangerous to your wallet minefield for a number of years, it's only getting worse IMO. This one of course is an easy to detect fake, with fake Krebs and Müller/Dachau in circulation not an exception. Still occasionally for example seeing the "RZM" and other type blades etc. for sale by themselves, the rest of those original fakes now with new blades - the list goes on.............. Best Regards, Fred

Kurt, your caution is well advised.

THank you for your comments gentlemen ...

I didn't have much hope but one never know ...

I'll go for the following that looks much better ( but the price isn't obviously )

any thoughts ?

@frogprince : you spooked me whith that fake Krebs blade comment ... i'm getting paranoid ...

Regards

K.

Good early Krebs. The way to go!

A much better choice. Best Regards, Fred