Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS sword cover??

Article about: I have seen this for sale, and thought this was probably the area it should be posted in. Is it a cover for a sword, and is it SS? Never seen anything like it. Any help appreciated.

?

Default SS sword cover??

I have seen this for sale, and thought this was probably the area it should be posted in. Is it a cover for a sword, and is it SS? Never seen anything like it. Any help appreciated.SS sword cover??SS sword cover??SS sword cover??SS sword cover??SS sword cover??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS sword cover??
    P
    Many

?

There is a SS Sword storage bag shown in the Ulrich of England book (p. 319): 'A grey felt storage bag in which to store the SS sword when not in use was available for private purchase. The storage bag came in various lengths to compliment the length of the actual sword. The SS storage bag conforms to a standard finish with a multi-scalloped opening and simple drawstring'.

The item shown in the book is significantly different in construction to the one shown above:

Not having metal reinforcements in the holes for drawstring
    Having the drawstring holes further down
    Not bulging at the bottom

Also no markings are apparent on the book example - as it was a private purchase item there is no obvious reason for it to be stamped with the SS runes.

I'd guess that the item shown above is an authentic - but non SS - sword cover that has been embellished with the infamous runes to boost its value.

Regards,

Philip
    Last edited by DrPMC; 09-27-2014 at 03:24 PM.