Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sword chain

Article about: i was told sword chains ?he said the leather tabs tucked behind belt or pants waste line for frees to make sword removal easy I would like to find out if true if not what are they any help g

?

Default Sword chain

Sword chainSword chainSword chainSword chaini was told sword chains ?he said the leather tabs tucked behind belt or pants waste line for frees to make sword removal easy I would like to find out if true if not what are they any help greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sword chain
    P
    Many

Interesting accoutrement ..which is something that some of our Swordsmen here may have an answer to..but noting that I have ever seen before.

Wait for more comments . Thread moved to Third Reich Sword sub forum

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Welcome to the forum. I am not familiar but they are unique. Look more like bondage chains for Friday night date fun.

Sorry Larry. You can send me to principles office with MAP.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

its odd that it has rings instead of clips to attach to the rings on a sword scabbard/sheath.
    I still like Kirk's Idea

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 06-03-2017 at 05:20 AM.

Saaaay Whaaat???? I've never seen them before myself........... maybe for a Lodge Sword?? Best Regards, Fred

?

Also if these are the same length the sword would be in the horizontal position when worn. The more I look at these, I'm still leaning towards Kirk's S&M suggestion.

SF
    Phil

Hi, I have been playing with swords since my school days and these are something truly new to me!! Having viewed the photographs several times, I still cannot figure out a method of suspension for either end. Given that the fitments on the sword are designed to be "clipped" to the suspender and the usual method of attachment for the suspender is to be again clipped, these items make little sense to me. Further, neither the leatherwork nor the eyelets appear to be German to me. I am with Rossi whatever he gets up to on a Friday night?????????

Regards Michael R

?

I have seen something similar but don't remember where right now. I don't think that they are German though. The U.S. has used chain sword hangers for many decades. I will try to figure out where I have seen those before.

Hummel