Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sword Identification

Article about: Hi everyone, I have just bought this sword but I don't have any idea from which country it is....any thoughts? I assume that it is a Navy sword. Thank you all in advance.

Default Sword Identification

Hi everyone,
    I have just bought this sword but I don't have any idea from which country it is....any thoughts?
    I assume that it is a Navy sword.
    Thank you all in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sword Identification   Sword Identification  

Sword Identification   Sword Identification  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sword Identification
    P
    Many

Hi Gero..Nice Horster Sword !!..I will move this to the Sword Sub forum..Michael Ryan..and Maximus John are the Swordsmen over there. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Gero..Nice Horster Sword !!..I will move this to the Sword Sub forum..Michael Ryan..and Maximus John are the Swordsmen over there. Regards Larry
    Thank you, sorry for the trouble.

No trouble at all Gero..thats my job . Be patient someone will be along shortly Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi, A very nice find. Yes, it is a naval sabre manufactured by E&F Horster who, I beleive, still produce dress swords and export worldwide. Although I am no expert in the field of German produced, export swords, I would suggest South America and probably post war? The only SA country that I can think of that has a face in the sun is Argentina????
    If I find anything more I will let you know.
    Cheers Michael Ryan

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi, A very nice find. Yes, it is a naval sabre manufactured by E&F Horster who, I beleive, still produce dress swords and export worldwide. Although I am no expert in the field of German produced, export swords, I would suggest South America and probably post war? The only SA country that I can think of that has a face in the sun is Argentina????
    If I find anything more I will let you know.
    Cheers Michael Ryan
    Hi Michael, thank you for your reply. If there was the "face in the sun" sign instead the lion head then it may be Argentinian sword but I cant see now how it get connected. Please send more info if you come up with new feedback. thx