Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Default Re: Anyone else like German swords??

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSorry, Missed 2 sheets out for 19/20 MR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Stuka, Thank you for your message and photos. It looks like a nice early heavy brass hilt sword and I tried to enlarge the hilt detail to see the langets but the detail was not good enough. May I ask you to provide close up photos of either side of the hilt please? I find the hilt detail fastenating and would like to see the deails on your sword. Do you have any others in your collection?
    Cheers Michael R
    Hey Michael,
    thanks for your intrest!
    I should have post some hilt details!
    I am not much of a photographer, and find swords in particular difficult to take shots off.
    I defenetly will have more swords coming up in the futur. I always loved them, it was my first TR item I had when I started my first collection as a young boy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich   Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich  

Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hi once again and thank you for the additional photos. I am at a loss regarding the standard of your photographs?? They look pretty damn good to me. As you may have gathered, I like German swords, especialy Lions and even more especialy lions with spread wing eagles. What have I got to trade you for it??? I may have quite a few swords but I have just fallen in love with another one, yours!! Thank you for letting me see it, I realy do appreciate looking at good swords!
    Cheers Michael R

Here's a real nice rare sword for your perusal. How NOT to treat a sword. Makes you want to cry when you see what some people do to historical items!! Regards Michael R

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Absolutely amazing collection.
    My first interest was swords and daggers but I soon found that I could
    not afford any nice ones so my collecting switched to crosses and awards.

I would still love to have a nice Lion head sword to display with my imperial EKs.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Michael for your appreciation.
    I am very glad you like the sword, I do too! I drove 300 km the day before yesterday,to get it.
    I am glad you showed a relic sword, so I can show mine. When I started collecting again, 5 or 6 years ago, I did so with dug up, relic and denazified items. I did so to get back into the hobby with out having to take to great risks regarding copy's. I still got them.
    They are in a back corner of my display cabinet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich  

cheers
    |<ris

Hi again Stuka, Thank you for your message and photos. Once again, may I ask for close ups of the hilts of your blades please. I, like you, am happy to buy items in poor condition as I can either keep them as examples or occassionaly use them as spares to complete damaged items in my collection. I am not your average puritanical collector who wants everything in mint condition. I beleive that any item is better than no item. And yes, I have some real rubbish in my collection alongside some of my better bits!!
    Cheers again Michael R

Hi Chopperman, Thank you for your kind comments!! Regards Michael R

Hey Michael,
    I very much like your sentence
    any item is better than no item
    , that is exactly how I see things as well.
    At one time I decided to up grade the collection to the so called " better standard", but i did keep a lot of so called "rubbish"!
    Just because it is MY collection and that I am glad with those items.
    I'll try to provide you the close up's asap, problem is I filled the cabinet with greatest part of my collection, because the wife said; that anything that doesn't fit's in to that cabinet needs to go!(lol!!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich  

cheers
    |<ris

?

Nice Collection.
    Amazing, that you managed to accumulate so many swords.
    A fantastic room - were it mine, I would sit in the middle of the room with the biggest grin on my face.
    I have a few Blücher swords, but a long way to go, before I'll have that many (if ever).
    Thanks for posting.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast