Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I was working on a thread concerning Belgian medals (wich reminds me I should continue thise!!) and opened and locked it every time I needed to do so without a problem. Things might have changed since....
    cheers
    |<ris
    Maybe you had special powers as a lifetime member? Or just because you are special.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

Just my hackers skill's !;-)
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Michael, I have to say that this collection is second to none and a sight to behold, swords have a fascination for most, perhaps its because they are a part of everyone's history , I was privileged to be allowed into the premises of Wilkinson Sword that was in Acton, London, this was where they made, polished,etched, and refurbished customers swords, either private collections or from different countries, either military or government wearers. As you walked into the main foyer you were confronted by an entire wall of every type of sword, pike and anything that Wilkinson's had made since established , to say some were rare is an understatement, I used to visit regularly and on occasions purchased knots, and other items for either myself or my Captains and other officers swords ,it was a treat to see the etching process, the polishing by some very highly skilled people etc, my reasons for being there was I used to sell the polishing mops, compounds, and rouges,, and I must say that I have not seen another collection of swords so extensive until now, thanks for showing,BTW we are relatively neighbours, not far anyways, cheers Dave

Hi Dave, Many thanks for your message, information and comments. I am inclined to agree that most men do tend to like swords. I beleive that this is due to two principal interests that we men enjoy. First, as you say, swords are and have been at the center of our military and ceremonial history over countless centuries and second I think is the aesthetic (is that how you spell it??) attraction and elegance of the sword both as a weapon of war and as an accoutrement for ceremonial pagentry.
    Thank you once again
    With regards and best wishes Michael R

Default Sale!

You need to have a SALE! Does it make them more valuable if they're not cleaned up?

Hi Berlinvet, Thank you for your message. Yes, I do need to have a sale but not quite yet, perhaps next year?? I believe that cleaning collectables is a personal choice and will list a couple of examples. An edaged weapon with rust developing and finger marks eating into the metal should IMO be cleaned as an effort to preserve the integrity of the weapon. However, if cleaning to make an item nice and shiney, is likely to deface the item, as is the case with coins, then undoubtedly NO!! Similarly with leatherwork, IMO cleaning with a suitable form of oil or polish should help both the integrity of the leather and the stitching but puting a regimental standard or indeed any flag or aging uniform item into a washing machine......... Perhaps not!! Basically, so long as you do not wreck the item or leave it to deteriorate, I am of the opinion that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so it is up to the owner.

I hope my response is of interest to you and helps you decide your own preference viz to clean or not to clean.

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

PS, To change the subject for a second, Re your threads on reproduction items. I too have "wrong" bits in my collection. Usually for one of three reasons, Reference, I've been caught again or I like them. Basically, whatever floats your boat! There was a woman on TV a few weeks ago who collected used tea bags!!! Hay Ho!!

Hi Once Again, A Few more swords to view. I do not know about anyone else out there but personaly, I am begining to get sick of the sight of bleeding swords so appologies!!! Still, a few more shouldn't hurt too much????? Says he hopefully!
    Thanks for looking.
    Cheers Michael R

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

?

No such thing as 'too much' cold steel ......(unless someone pokes you with it, that is).

Nice swords.

Not boring at all.

I like the one with the dedicated blade to the Staff of Inf Regt 65.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Scout, Agreed!!! And Thank you.
    Cheers MR

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast