Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Sword 6.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Hope that they are of interest.

Regards Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

Hi Again, three more swords to view. I have switched manufacturer to WKC Weyersberg Kirschbaum and Cie of Solingen. All have standard single fuller blades and are leather scabbards with metal fittings.

Sword 7 (174). Is in dire need of a clean and some TLC. It has a black scabbard with double ring brass suspension fittings and an etched blade. The backstrap is riveted. The Trade Mark is a King's Head coupled with a Knight's Helm over the initials "WKC".

a. Obverse Langet. Plain.
    b. Reverse langet. Plain.
    c. Rarety. Quite scarce.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Sword 8 (155). This sword has a brown scabbard with double ring brass suspension fittings and a plain blade. The backstrap is riveted. The Trade Mark is a Knight's Helm over the initials "WKC". Additionaly, the blade is marked "Muhlenfeld Barmen", probably a wholesale seller?

c. Rarety. Quite rare.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Sword 9 (117). This sword has a brown scabbard with double ring nickel suspension fittings and an etched blade. The backstrap is riveted. The Trade Mark is a Knight's Helm over the initials "WKC".

c. Rarety. Rare.

Hello Once Again, Three more swords for viewing.

Sword 10 (152) This sword has a standard black steel scabbard with a single ring suspension fitting and a plain blade. The backstrap is riveted with a pommel in the form of a jawless lion head cast in brass but devoid of glass eyes. The grip is of wood with a shagrin cover and brass wire wrap. The Trade Mark is a King's Head along side a Knight's Helm over the initials "WKC".

a. Obverse Langet. Crossed cannon superimposed over foliage.
    b. Reverse langet. Small plain shield of elegant style within a foliage wreath of, left laurel (signifying victory) and right oak (signifying streangth).
    c. Rarety. Quite common.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Sword 11 (124). This is one of my "work in progress" (WIP) swords and is to be renovated. The backstrap appears to be steel affixed directly to the blade tang with a pommel in the form of a lion head with red glass eyes. The grip is of wood with a plastic cover and brass wire wrap. There is no Trade Mark. However, the style of the reverse langet is common to a number of WKC made sword patterns and my assumption is that this is indeed a WKC manufactured sword?? If you know different or disagree, please let me know.

a. Obverse Langet. Crossed cannon superimposed over foliage.
    b. Reverse langet. Small plain shield of non standard style surmounted by a Knight's Helm (WKC?) superimosed over foliage with a patterned outer boarder. The shield and helm appear to be a fairly common device on WKC swords.
    c. Rarety. Quite common.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Sword 12 (177). This sword has a natural finish steel scabbard with double ring suspension fittings and a plain blade. The backstrap is attached directly to the blade tang with a pommel in the form of a jawless lion head in gilded steel but devoid of glass eyes. The grip is of wood with a plastic cover and brass wire wrap. There is no Trade Mark. However, the style of the reverse langet is common to a number of WKC made sword patterns and my assumption is that this is indeed a WKC manufactured sword?? If you know different or disagree, please let me know. The blade spine bears the etched inscription "DOV" in a small pannel. These initials stand for Deutche Offizier Verein.

a. Obverse Langet. Crossed cannon superimposed over foliage and very similar to #11 above.
    b. Reverse langet. Small plain shield of non standard style surmounted by a Knight's Helm (WKC?) superimosed over foliage with a patterned outer boarder. The shield and helm appear to be a fairly common device on WKC swords. Again, very similar to #11 above.
    c. Rarety. Quite common.

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Exhaustive thread content
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, Thank you for your comment and "Like". What do you think of the new layout and listing by manufacturer? I can not make my mind up whether to keep it as is or revert to the previous layout using pages rather than photos. Do you have an opinion??
    Cheers Michael

Admin stat only
    1 51176
    2 11261
    3 05582

4 68019

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast