Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Article about: Hi All, I have looked at some pretty comprehensive and very interesting collections on the forum but seen little or nothing on German swords. So I thought that I would try and redress the ba

Default Re: Anyone else like German swords??

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Rene, Thank you for your respose to the thread and for the excellent photos of a nice early patented sword. Not a common pattern sword and in nice used condition. Although, like most collectors, I like nice clean mint examples I also appreciate used and even damaged items as they show use and character. At the end of the day, these swords are older than most of us and if we look as good as they look at their age, we would be doing well!!
    Thank you once again Rene and happy hunting. With regards and best wishes Michael R
    PS What else do you collect? German and other etc??
    Cheers Michael

May I ask, is there one the same in your lot there?

With my collecting, I just grab what I can, when I can.

Best Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich
    P
    Many

Hi again Rene, To the best of my recolection, there are a number swords which are very similar to each other but not two identical. I call them variations my wife calls the hording!! Silly woman!

Cheers Michael R

?

Amazing collection, just overwhelming
    Those few snaps dont do the collection justice!
    I love it besides German blades the Katana's Always had my interest!
    Thx for showing.

Cheers,
    Ger

Hi Ger, Many thanks for your kind comments. I have been requested to show some of my favourite blades which I hope to in the coming weeks. Watch this space.
    With thanks regards and best wishes Michael Ryan

you need to add a few swords in your collection mate...

I saw no SS swords, right?
    I was always wondering how a ie sword focused collection grows... I mean do you buy any German sword that you find or there are little differences in each sword?? I've seen relevant EK, helmet etc. etc. collections and i was always wondering this...

Nice swords Michael and nicely presented.I have about 22 pieces among them a Land Customs Sword and several 3x etched swords several 2x pieces and a presentation piece to a pioneer Captain.I enjoy these pieces which I collected in the early 70s and 80s.I am not a member and my camera has seen its better days so I won't be posting pics.Good luck with your collection!!

Hi Lizard, Thank you for your message, comments and questions. Sorry, no SS swords per see however, I do have a police sword with SS etching. Right or wrong I am not sure. With regard to collecting swords, yes there is an element of see it buy it. That said, you would probably be surprised at the number of veriations you can find in the hilt detail, langet, back strap, guard and pommel etc. Then there are the blades and logos etc. I could probably sell off 10 -15% of the swords without degrading the integrity of variation of the collection. So I guess you could call me a hoarder.
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

Hi goodbuys, Thank you for your message and kind words and appologies for my very late responce. I have only just spotted your message. It sounds to me like you have a very nice collection and I would very much like to see some pictures if at all possible?? I like etched and presentation swords but am happy to collect the not so good examples with the excellent. I work on the theory that a poor item is better than no item. Whenever possible, I then try to upgrade. My problem is having upgraded, I then look for excusses to retain the poorer item Sad!! Where abouts in the world are you?
    Cheers Michael R

Swords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third ReichSwords, Sabres and Imperial during the Third Reich

Hi All, For anyone interested, I am showing some of my favourite swords and although I do not collect British swords, I thought I would be a bit patriotic and start with some British swords that I have aquired over the years. The photos show:
    1. Three British swords.
    a. A Victorian Royal Navy Officer's sword of Lion Head pattern with etched blade and bearing the Queen Victoria Royal Cypher surmounted by the VR Crown. Etching also incorporates the VR Crown.
    b. A current Royal Navy Officer's sword also of Lion Head pattern with a lighter weight etched blade and bearing the Queen Elizabet II Royal Cypher surmounted by the King Edward Crown, usually referred to as the "Queen's Crown". Etching incorporates the EIIR Crown.
    c. A current Royal Air Force Officers sword of Eagle Head pattern with etched blade and bearing the Queen Elizabet II Royal Cypher surmounted by the King Edward Crown. Of interest is the incorporation of the Imperial or "King's" Crown surmounting the eagle on both the guard and blade etching. I have I heard from various sources that the mixing of crowns points to either a "transitional" or even "parts" sword. IMO, niether explanation is correct, I believe that the mixture is an idiosyncrasy parculiar to British swords in general and RAF swords in particular. Ergo, nothing to worry about.
    2/3/4/5. Hilt Detail of the three swords
    6. Etch detail of the RAF sword.

I hope that this is of interest to some.
    Cheers Michael R

?

The last sword there is just beautiful, and great sword collection on the first page!
    Incredible collection with the swords and hats, keep it up!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast