Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Third Reich sword with addition eagle.

Article about: Gentlemen, I need your expirence and help. 10 years ago I had WKC sword with additional eagle M1025. For it times I was meet many sword with same design. WKC catalog have description and pic

?

Default Third Reich sword with addition eagle.

Gentlemen, I need your expirence and help. 10 years ago I had WKC sword with additional eagle M1025. For it times I was meet many sword with same design. WKC catalog have description and pictures M29A and M1025 with same eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich sword with addition eagle.   Third Reich sword with addition eagle.  

Third Reich sword with addition eagle.   Third Reich sword with addition eagle.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich sword with addition eagle.
    P
    Many

?

One week ago my friend show me Eickhorn sword with same addition eagle and early TM. I am indicate sword like M1312 with changed langet with addition eagle. But in Eick late catalog havn't sword with addition eagle. Sword have on langet engraved places from old design for eagle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich sword with addition eagle.   Third Reich sword with addition eagle.  

?

In internet and old book(Angolia) I found a lot of different swords with addition eagle. I found two swords by Eickhorn. One early blade and one late. Three swords with my friens sword, have differents Models.

Other Eickhorn sword with additional eagle.

?

I am found pin by Asssman with idemtical eagle.

?

Other WKC swords. I think this WKC will be enough, I dont add bad pictures. WKC sword with addition eagle, in my opinions was made in period.

Attached Images Attached Images Third Reich sword with addition eagle. 

?

In search time I found same swords from other producers. I have question Other producers Eickhorn, Klaas, Holler, Seilheimer and maybe other, made it in period, or it non factory upgrade? Maybe you have more info. Thanks.

Interesting posts den. The two Eickhorn swords in post #2 & 3 show the Eickhorn trademark used in 1933-35, early Third Reich as you pointed out.

Always interesting to see the old catalogues.

During the Imperial era/time period with especially some higher grade swords it was not that unusual to see an appliqué attached to a langet designating a branch of service such as artillery, cavalry, etc. It gave the maker the flexibility to have a generic type sword that could be personalized without investing in a lot of different patterns for casting hilts, and was a way to make hilts more attractive with contrasting metals. The German Army traditionally for private purchase Officers's model swords (unlike some of the other Wehrmacht service branches) allowed a large amount of variability in sword designs that makers took advantage of in trying to attract customers. My point really being that there were no restrictions to prevent a maker from offering whatever that thought might attract customers - with the 'game changer' IMO the hilts that had the wide outspread wings that many found more appealing. Best Regards, Fred

Always a pleasure Den to see you post anything ..which all of which your topic is document supportive.
    very interesting about the langets and would say ...customer preference which Fred points out.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks a lot for information provided. Taking into consideration manufactures variations, I`m still wondering why WKC attached eagles are mentioned in their catalogues and there are a lot of “real life” examples, while Eickhorn attached eagle seems to be not so common and there is no mentioning about attached eagles in Eickhorn catalogues. If we consider the way the eagle is attached to a langet, we can see that WKC eagle is affixed with prongs, Eickhorn is welded. I`d like to ask experienced collectors who have seen different patterns by different manufactures, if they can remember peculiar features inherent to any particular manufacturer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast