Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What portepee?

Article about: Friends, maybe someone knows what this portepee.

Default What portepee?

Friends, maybe someone knows what this portepee.What portepee?What portepee?What portepee?What portepee?What portepee?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What portepee?
    P
    Many

Hi Zep ..One I have never seen before and will move this thread to the Swords of the Reich and Austria forum for further review.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry, it would be great if you know what it means.
    Workmanship is very similar to the original.

I will keep your thread at the top of the forum until you get the answers you need
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Bulgarian

Thank you, very interesting. Maybe you know what branch of service and period of time?

Anything you can compare it to Wiz ?

What makes this Bulgarian and is there an Edged weapon that this may be seen with?

I myself dont know..thats why I am asking..but trying to find out what makes this Bulgarian from your one word reply. Any other details would be appreciated and I will move the thread if necessary.

Regards Larry

The colours are the Bulgarian national colours, and they were German allies...ive seen these for sale on ebay

sorry im having pc issues, here quick ebay link Original Wwii Bulgarian Royal Army Officer'S Sword Portepee Knot | eBay

What portepee?

Photo added

I added the photo into your Post..and thankyou Wizard man for your research. Im not a fan of Ebay being a sole authority having knowledge on these type portepees..or maybe the seller who may be comparing it to an example s/he sees some place else.....but yet a step in the right direction. Thankyou for that.

The portepee for the price listed is $75..which looking at it above has come unraveled and IMO not worth that kind of money. Wait for a few more comments.

@ Wizard ...thanks bro for your input and yet Red and green mixed into silver can be from many types.. even Italy has those colors. I like as much as possible to have concrete fact when finding answers to hard questions. This would be a great thread of reference for future portepee types.

I had Coffee in my Wheaties this morning Thankyou Gents for being patient with my inquiries.

Regards Larry

@ Zeppelin ...If the Portepee is Bulgarian and reasonably priced then I would say go for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast