Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Autocorrect function?

Article about: I just tried to include the Polish name of the city of Lviv/Lemberg in another thread. Unfortunately, that name starts with the letters "L" and "w" and gets automatically

Default Autocorrect function?

I just tried to include the Polish name of the city of Lviv/Lemberg in another thread.

Unfortunately, that name starts with the letters "L" and "w" and gets automatically turned from L w ó w into the nonsensical Lwów...

Forgive me in case this was asked before, but I just wondered, does a user have any way to turn off/circumvent the autocorrect function in such cases?

Default Re: Autocorrect function?

Sorry no, it is not an option.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I see... Ah, well, I guess I'll just have to work around it by inserting blanks or hyphens into the word in question should the problem turn up again.

(Was the first time I noticed this anyway; apparently I had never used any word/letter combination from the autocorrect list before.)

Still, many thanks for the speedy reply!

Thankfully it is not a combination of letters which comes up very often.

The auto correct is there to circumvent laziness and horrible collectors inventions and help the search function on google etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I noticed the strange Polish place name earlier and wondered!!! On another forum you can't use the word tropical, it gets auto corrected to DAK/Med, which seems odd when posting on SS tropical items. I use the terms trop or troppen or insert a space, as was suggested.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Have you tried Lvov? Maybe that'll work.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Have you tried Lvov? Maybe that'll work.
    Right Ned; that one works, but after spelling it "L wow" (with an explanatory footnote) I had later changed it to Lviv and left it at that.
    (By the way, it was this here thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/axis-...97/#post415178 )