Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying off the warrelics.eu

Article about: Hi, I was looking to buy off the classified section of this website. I was looking at the lions head sword that is listed. Are the items vetted before they are placed for sale on this site??

Default Buying off the warrelics.eu

Hi,

I was looking to buy off the classified section of this website. I was looking at the lions head sword that is listed. Are the items vetted before they are placed for sale on this site?? If not could I get some opinions on the lion sword? From what I have seen on other threads and researched it seems all ok. I handled one of these about two weeks ago and the brass appeared shinier... how much does the dulled brass effect the value?

Thanks for everyone's help

'No' and 'Yes' is probably the honest answer to those two questions. Just don't ask for an evaluation as to what you should pay, that's your prerogative.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

The items are not vetted , however if something fake is posted as original it is removed upon it's discovery .

I suggest you post thread and link to said sword , and ask for opinions , values are a touchy subject here , usually 50/75% of a dealers price .

Hope this helps , good luck in your collecting and welcome to the forum .

No I'm not asking what I should pay. I see how that would be inappropriate and thats why I didn't ask. Ok so I understand you right it does appear legitimate? Also I am not asking for a value but does the dullness effect the value of a piece? It appears that there is no damage and that is just due to its age. Thanks again for your help Ned!

Yes they are "vetted", but that's not in the form of a guarantee. The mods will ask someone au fait with said item to give their view on any item(s) that are flagged up. Or you can just post the item you're interested in, in the correct forum for discussion. Stewy

Welcome to the Forum, Friend!
    Play it safe - Always post the item before buying...
    I like the Sword...
    cheers, Glenn

Swords are way out of my league. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Yes they are "vetted", but that's not in the form of a guarantee. The mods will ask someone au fait with said item to give their view on any item(s) that are flagged up. Or you can just post the item you're interested in, in the correct forum for discussion. Stewy
    No they are not mate. Not before they've already been posted 'For Sale' here anyway. Believe me, there was a guy on here this morning posted several high end fake items for sale as 'Guaranteed Genuine' in the classifieds. I called some of them out and tagged each sale with a 'FAKE, CAVEAT EMPTOR' comment at the bottom of the sales page. Either it was binned by a mod, or he saw it and removed the ad himself, but it was re-posted again five minutes later by him whoever did the wiping clear. He eventually got the blindfold and cigarette treatment to allow him to go peddle his worthless junk elsewhere only not here, the nerve of some people I tell ya!!

DKiS and DKiG in the Classifieds.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Perhaps I should rephrase that then Ned. The "mod" that cares for the sales section, on either having something flagged up or noticing something iffy themselves. Along with Admin etc & the likes of us who have an idea about some stuff. Will pass on any concerns over items, I have as I'm sure you have. To the powers that be. I know there's no official vetting, just a community looking out for each other. That's what I should've posted. Sorry old mate. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast