Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can we have a role of honour for our "in memorium" members?

Article about: Dear Mods / Admin / forum owners, ( I'm not sure WHERE a request like this should go? ... so please reposition it as you see fit, but I didn't want to do a P.M. as I wanted other members to

Default Can we have a role of honour for our "in memorium" members?

Dear Mods / Admin / forum owners,
    ( I'm not sure WHERE a request like this should go? ... so please reposition it as you see fit, but I didn't want to do a P.M. as I wanted other members to chime in.

in the 11 years I have been on this forum we have lost many good members - some have withdrawn or drifted off ( as is expected with a membership as large as ours ) but some have also passed away ( again, statistically to be expected )

I know they ( and their contributions ) remain, and they have been accorded "in memorium" status - but they HAVE come off the CURRENT membership list!

So, if agreed, I would request a ROLE OF HONOUR be made somewhere we can see, listing their collective names before "Endeavours Fade" and time moves on.

I remember ERIC ZENTNER, BIG NED, WAGRIFF, GLENN66, HARRYAMB2 & BOB COLEMAN but I'm sure there are other 'passed on' members we need to REMEMBER and a role may be a good mechanism to do that?!

I would ask if you could please give this due consideration.....
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I think this is a fabulous idea, dont forget the wonderful contributions of Mark C Yerger

Thanks to all so far who think this is a good thing to have - I will bump this occasionally to get some more comment. ..... run it up the flagpole ( as it were )

Several moderators have seen it and so I hope it garners some support higher up the "ranks".

Regards, Dan

I also agree that this is a very good idea and would be a good thing to have.

We could do it in the form of a pinned thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade! That would work. But which forum?

Why not a page like we have for the sponsors or links ? surly it would not be hard IT wise.

...the page you don't want to be on....;-)

Don't mind my comment!
    It is a goo idea.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

A great idea in principle, and one that costs nothing either. Forgive my cynicism, but when I had the sad task of reporting the passing of the late Glenn 66 on the forum, one member suggested that his membership should be made an 'In Memorium Member', which it was. I suggested that a better way of remembering the passing of Glenn, and one that his partner Lydia would appreciate more, would be to hold a collection and make a donation to 'Cancer Research' in his memory and to aid the fight against this most dreadful of diseases. Well that idea didn't meet with much enthusiastic response, and the talk of holding a collection in memory of the late 'big ned' came to nothing either.

It would be nice to see a 'Roll of Honour' on the forum, a page where we could go and remember those who are no longer here to help fellow collectors, and perhaps we could hold an annual collection for a charity chosen by 'admin' to which a donation could be made annually. What better way could there be to remember those who have passed away than to make a donation to a very worthy cause in their memory?

Cheers,
    Steve

?

This sounds like a great idea.Raul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast