Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Forum updates and bugs

Article about: Due we have updated the forum and clean it from malware, some problems can be discovered. Likes and thanks will be soon updated/ If you will find anything not working, please write here

Quote by SHEMP H View Post
    I'm having the same problem as Rene in the lower right corner ( no "quote" icon )
    Bill
    Even though it does not display "Quote", if you click on the tab, it will perform.
    As you can see here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Even though it does not display "Quote", if you click on the tab, it will perform.
    As you can see here.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph.

I'm getting the "What's New" problem, doesn't seem to update correctly, if you start a new post it doesn't add it to the What's New list, but you get hundreds of posts listed as "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

Thanks for all your efforts Dimas!
    "Per Ardua"

Any update on these issues?
    The "What's New" feature of the website is still not working.

thanks
    nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Any update on these issues?
    The "What's New" feature of the website is still not working.

thanks
    nick
    -- I had the same issue when I updated my own vBulletin forum. Here is what I posted to my own members back in 2017. Not sure if any of it helps but here it is:

====================

-- What's happened is we've upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin called 4.2.5. Before this we were running version 4.2.3. With the upgrade the vBulletin team appears to have removed certain dated functions. One of these being the "New Posts'" function. It's extremely frustrating because this was the sole function I used to keep updated on new threads and posts!

However, all is not lost. It seems the vBulletin team has installed a new button called "Today's Posts" which functions much the same way as the old New Posts did. Apparently the Today's Posts function displays all new threads and posts posted within the last 24 hours. They display in bold font and once viewed (read) will show in non-bold font thereafter on subsequent Today's Posts clicks.

You can read about these changes in the following discussion between vBulletin forum administrators and the vBulleting tech team below. It explains the change I'm talking about above:

====================

4.2.5 How can I go back to thread marking by cookies?
    Yesterday, 8:42pm

For some reason thread marking has been moved to the database exclusively, removing the admin option of using database or cookies. I'm not sure why an option was removed but it's messed up my forum. I've used a product from vbAdvanced for nearly a decade to show a list of recent posts along with a link to view "first new post" for each member. This particular product is much nicer than the recent posts options provided by the vBulletin script. I assume the vbAdvanced product read the member's cookie for thread marking. Now, with that option taken away and my forum forced to use thread marking with the database, my recent posts list no longer works.

In a different thread a different vBulletin owner was told that using the cookie method was "obsolete." Well, it wasn't obsolete for all of us and it would have been nice if the option to go to database was left up to the administrator, as it's been for many years.

My large membership depends on this recent posts list to follow discussions in a more convenient way than anything else available. I'm pretty sure I stand to loose members because of this change as the subject of my vBulletin forum is very competitive.

Is there any way to restore the thread marking by cookie in version 4.2.5?

====================

vBulletin Support Team
    Yesterday, 9:06pm

New Posts is only supposed to show new posts. If you've read the thread, it's not new any more.

What you need to use for that is Today's Posts.

====================

vBulletin Lead Developer
    Today, 3:59am

Is there any way to restore the thread marking by cookie in version 4.2.5?
    There is not, the code has been removed.

====================

. . . . and in a previous thread basically asking the same thing:

====================

Upgraded to 4.2.5 and now have search issues
    Tue 16th May '17, 1:24pm

Hi
    I upgraded a few days ago to 4.2.5 and all seemed fine.
    I also rebuilt the search index as instructed.

Clicking on New Posts no longer returns the results that the old forum did.

Simply put, some posts are missing from the results.

The correct search results can now only be achieved by Marking the forums Read.
    Then clicking on New Posts, when it says there are no posts to view, clicking on Here for a search of posts during the last 24 hours, this produces the search results as expected.

Any idea what the problem is please?

====================

vBulletin Support Team
    Tue 16th May '17, 1:26pm

4.2.5 has removed the obsolete thread marking option to mark read by cookies.
    It now marks threads read the correct way, which is database marking.

"New Posts" is ONLY supposed to show you threads with unread posts - otherwise they are not "New". Once read, they disappear from the list.

If you want to see all updated threads from the past 24 hours, use Today's Posts, which lists unread in bold and read in normal text.

====================

I may be late to the party here..but Im not seeing the reputation icon on giving newbies a thumbs up on their efforts.
    Although meaningless to some..but to the Newbies an accomplishment.

Edit : ..I found the option but it was kind of obscure in sight.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Mediumtall View Post
    -- I had the same issue when I updated my own vBulletin forum. Here is what I posted to my own members back in 2017. Not sure if any of it helps but here it is:

====================

-- What's happened is we've upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin called 4.2.5. Before this we were running version 4.2.3. With the upgrade the vBulletin team appears to have removed certain dated functions. One of these being the "New Posts'" function. It's extremely frustrating because this was the sole function I used to keep updated on new threads and posts!

However, all is not lost. It seems the vBulletin team has installed a new button called "Today's Posts" which functions much the same way as the old New Posts did. Apparently the Today's Posts function displays all new threads and posts posted within the last 24 hours. They display in bold font and once viewed (read) will show in non-bold font thereafter on subsequent Today's Posts clicks.

====================
    Many thanks for this info.

The only problem is i cannot see "Today's Posts" - unless i am missing it some place?

nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Many thanks for this info.

The only problem is i cannot see "Today's Posts" - unless i am missing it some place?

nick
    I suspect it would require an Admin to add a new tab to the top header.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Editing signature in the settings page doesn't seem to be working anymore. Whenever I click save, it gives an error message ''Invalid file''.

-Joel

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Editing signature in the settings page doesn't seem to be working anymore. Whenever I click save, it gives an error message ''Invalid file''.

-Joel
    I actually found a solution to this problem. Before saving your new signature, you have to remove the piece of URL that appears in the panel below the text box (see image below). This allows the signature to be saved without an error. I would advise the forum admins to remove this default URL piece.

Forum updates and bugs

-Joel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3