Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ForumRunner problem

Article about: Thank for any help. For several weeks I haven't been able to reply to a thread or start a tread on me iPhone or iPad. When trying to reply I type in a few words and it jumps off the forum ba

?

Default ForumRunner problem

Thank for any help. For several weeks I haven't been able to reply to a thread or start a tread on me iPhone or iPad. When trying to reply I type in a few words and it jumps off the forum back to the main screen. When I try to start a thread it goes to the load page and locks up. I have to turn off the device and restart to get back to the forum. I have deleted and reinstalled Forumrunner with no changes. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Kirby have you tried deleting everything?..cookies history and cache etc? ..I had the same problem while I was overseas recently..and may be due to the local server out there.
    I had that problem with my Fire Tablet 7 ..because I was piggy backing off of someone elses Wifi it may be the server you are near ..and has a firewall blocking the website.

Try making your phone into a Wifi Hotspot..that alleviated all my problems..but check with your phone carrier to see if your plan allows that feature. Tmobile is free of charge..so once I set up Wifi Hotspot off my phone..I was getting decent connection. Much of your connection also will depend upon the network you are near too.

I had 2 and 3g speeds over seas...it was slow..but I was connected. When I got back to the states..the speed was like lighting.
    Again..it depends on who you are riding off of and if there is a firewall..the Hotspot may be your best bet for tablet..but your phone itself why it doesnt open ..may be the firewall you are near. Cant say for sure.

If you do choose for your Ipad..use the Hotspot..make sure when you set it up if you choose that direction..that you hide your password on your cell phone for Wifi Hotspot..or anyone near you will be able to piggy back off of you. Hope this helps.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank for all the info. I get the same results on my wifi at home or on any of three wifi hotspots at work. The same result if I turn off my wifi. I have a new phone that should be here any time. I don't expect that will change anything. Thanks again

Kirby

Sorry Kirby...I guess it is the complexities of modern technology that is supposed to make our lives easier..but harder to operate

Hopefully someone will key in that may have a similar problem with the same system as yours.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

I have my 12 year old fix my "tech" issues...but could it not be the Forumrunner software that is causing the problem and not WRF? (BTW...I know nothing about Forum runner either).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I can post a reply if I use the microphone but not the keypad