Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

garbage invasion

Article about: Is there any way to make it much much more time consuming for anyone "new member" to post here? The spam garbage are increasing day by day.

?

Default garbage invasion

Is there any way to make it much much more time consuming for anyone "new member" to post here? The spam garbage are increasing day by day.

I know on some forums that new members with less than a set number of posts have their first five to ten posts approved by a moderator...it stops spam ads dead.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for posting about this guys.

I copied this thread and re-posted it in both the Moderator and Admin sections.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I know on some forums that new members with less than a set number of posts have their first five to ten posts approved by a moderator...it stops spam ads dead.
    Great idea Jerry!...

The sudden appearance of "New User Approval Forum" tells me they're already working on it.

How odd... post #5 in this thread has absolutely nothing to do with me! why on earth would I just post 'test'? Thanks for 'liking' it though Gunny!

MAP
    ?

Looks like the first test was successful....

Test
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is a nightmare for the Mods too.

No easy way around it. Manually approving posts could be equally as time consuming for us as just deleting the spam in the first place.

Thanks for all the support in these trying times, it is appreciated!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Like the "Approve me" option now, like the proverbial fly paper it appears to be catching the pesky blighters!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast