Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"Guest" members? Whats that?

Article about: I've seen a few new threads lately with people posting as "Guest". I do remember seeing this in very very old threads from way back in the early days. But never since I've been on

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Ade.

Or he posted as a member and then the accountt was deleted?
    I believe this is the case.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I believe this is the case.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My own take on it before the clarification was If i log out but view the forum i am noted as a guest on the particular thread in question

I was aware that it is possible to view the forum as a guest without logging in, I do it a lot at work for obvious (to me anyway) reasons but I didn't imagine that a guest could post in threads.

On a tangent to this I have noticed posts from former members marked as "Banned" and wonder how is this possible, that is to say what effect does banning a member have?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I was aware that it is possible to view the forum as a guest without logging in, I do it a lot at work for obvious (to me anyway) reasons but I didn't imagine that a guest could post in threads.

On a tangent to this I have noticed posts from former members marked as "Banned" and wonder how is this possible, that is to say what effect does banning a member have?

Regards

Mark
    Point 1, you can not.
    Point 2, you can not log in nor access any of the forum past the home page as far as I know.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Point 1, you can not.
    Point 2, you can not log in nor access any of the forum past the home page as far as I know.
    Ralph.
    Actually for point 1 you can Ralph. I have no problem with this. To me, it helps people discover the forum and eventually become members. I've seen many posts in the past were people noted they were "lurkers" for years and then joined. Again. I'm not questioning the running of the forum. I was just curious that guest could post. But the posting question was explained.

Here is a photo of me accessing the forum "logged OUT". I do not however have the ability to post. Just view.

"Guest" members? Whats that?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I do not however have the ability to post. Just view.
    That was my point Michael, you can not.
    You can view all you want, (except for the Gold Club Members section), but you can not post as a guest, as far as I know.
    Ralph.
    Ralph.

Ralph is correct.

Hi Mark, once someone is banned, they are locked out from the forum for good.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

That was my point Michael, you can not.
    You can view all you want, (except for the Gold Club Members section), but you can not post as a guest, as far as I know.
    Ralph.
    Ralph.
    Lol...I was answering point 1 subsection "a"!!! . Didn't catch your 1b comment

But yesterday. You can view as a guest but not post.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I've seen many posts in the past were people noted they were "lurkers" for years and then joined.
    That would be me. I watched from afar for a few months before stepping up to the plate.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2