Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Guest" members? Whats that?

Article about: I've seen a few new threads lately with people posting as "Guest". I do remember seeing this in very very old threads from way back in the early days. But never since I've been on

MAP
    ?

Default "Guest" members? Whats that?

I've seen a few new threads lately with people posting as "Guest". I do remember seeing this in very very old threads from way back in the early days. But never since I've been on the forum.

Just curious. What does this "Guest" mean? They have no Profile page, post count or anything. Are they maybe just very old "Guest" members posting something new?

Here is one of them.

Intresting German pocket watch house...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very early days this was a thing, forum was at it's infancy back then. but I now see this is a recent post!?! got me there!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-18-2017 at 06:56 AM. Reason: added text

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Very early days this was a thing, forum was at it's infancy back then. but I now see this is a recent post!?! got me there!
    Exactly. In the good old wild west days ...but I thought this was stopped. Unless like I said, it's an old account that is still active, where all the other "Guests" from that time has since moved on....I don't know. Just guessing. Primarily I'm curious.

I could not find the other "recent" thread with another guest member, but I know I saw it today or yesterday.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Exactly. In the good old wild west days ...but I thought this was stopped. Unless like I said, it's an old account that is still active, where all the other "Guests" from that time has since moved on....I don't know. Just guessing. Primarily I'm curious.

I could not find the other "recent" thread with another guest member, but I know I saw it today or yesterday.
    Hmmm! it's a bit suss!

Haha I've just read this & noticed it was also being read by 3 "Guests" Spooky haha

"Guest" members are those who's account have been deleted.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    "Guest" members are those who's account have been deleted.

Cheers, Ade.
    Is it in this case Ade?

Hi Rene, it is indeed.

When questioned about some of his potentially illegal digging activities, he suddenly no longer wanted to play here...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Rene, it is indeed.

When questioned about some of his potentially illegal digging activities, he suddenly no longer wanted to play here...

Cheers, Ade.
    Check. Thanks for clarification. Sorry had to whack a shot of Mo in!

MAP
    ?

Hi Rene, it is indeed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade.

So if an account is deleted "Guests" can still post? Or he posted as a member and then the act was deleted?

I know people visit this site and can view it and not be members (i.e, thus "Guests"). I just didn't know they could post.

like I said I'm just curious so not questioning the workings of the forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast