Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Hacking attempt??

Article about: Just got an email that someone tried to log on using my user ID five times (unsuccesfully). Has anyone else ever experienced this? this is the second time in a month I have gotten this warni

?

This is most probably the new generation spam bot, which trying to login with vulnerable passwords, as many of the users have password the same as username with some digits after or just a qwerty. Normally the forum must be stable ,it's updated to the latest version, and it's secured from any possibility attacks
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I also received an e-mail informing five attempts had been made to access my account. I was informed the IP address was 117.175.115.50 if this is any help in determining the source of these hacks. Although the e-mail I received was sent at 8:27am Chicago time and I was informed of an inability to sign-in for 15 minutes, as you can see I was able to access my account within 10 minutes. I believe the person or persons with the aforementioned IP would be unable to access my account for 15 minutes and not me.

The IP originates out of China. Can our site moderators go in an manually block it? should not be hard.
    I am 100% sure they don't care a lick about our site, our items or what we discuss. They are loading up exposed users to use for future bot net or proxy attacks.
    the next thing I can think is to have everyone who had the same issue to share what members they communicate and see where the overlap is because chances are that the person has no idea they let it in.
    It would be a pain in the butt to do.
    I have had trouble with private messages lately but run ad/ma1ware/virus software and delete and chuck out and unneeded spam.
    I have dealt with these type of attacks/hijackings many time sadly. I just want to ring their neck!

Hi Bill, I have blocked the IP in question.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks adrian

It just happened to me. Someone from China and the IP address is known for trying to access other forums.

The IP address was 61.157.126.37

Now blocked from the site.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Lez had someone/thing try to access her account last night.

Big surprise, the IP was again out of China and is now blocked...

Make sure your password is secure. Treat the forum like you would your bank. Make the password a mixture of letters and numbers and something unique to you.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Spammers understand, they cannot register, and attempt to use existed account for it. The member list was closed for unregistered members, but once they register, the bot download full member list, and try to use it by following reasons:
    1) Passive spam, account which contain just the link to the website ( normally for Google optimization)
    2) Use PM spam
    3) Use the forum posts spam.
    I've made some necessary changes now:
    I've prevented New members, who just registered from ( minimum 15 posts must be made, before being a member)
    1)viewing the Member list,
    2)sending PM's and using @-mail.
    3) Make any changes in the profile section. ( Upload any avatars, etc)
    If someone register, even not a spammer , for example to send the PM to old friend, he must anyway post minimum 15 posts. Or became a WRF club members, which will allow to use the full forum without any restrictions.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast