Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Hacking attempt??

Article about: Just got an email that someone tried to log on using my user ID five times (unsuccesfully). Has anyone else ever experienced this? this is the second time in a month I have gotten this warni

?

After reinstall windows, it creates folder with kind of .bak at the end, it contain all your files. Try to find all the picture files on the comp
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Ade: Here is another number to block, 117.176.54.105. It's also the Asian Pacific Network located in North Central China that provides servive to anyone on the planet, above ior below ground. The Best, Dwight

Just to reassure folks again on this issue.

Let me know if any attempts are made to access your account. I will then block the IP. As Dim said, these are spam bots out of China.

Again please ensure your password is strong and contains letters and numbers. Don't make it an obvious WW2 military connotation.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

How do you actually know if someone has tried to access your account (total computer illiterate am I...!!), do you get some sort of message pop up somewhere and where do you find the IP if someone has? As far as I can tell no attempt has been made on my account but then again I don't actually know what I'm looking for?

You will get a forum email. Like this:

Dear ............

Someone has tried to log into your account on War relics forum with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.
    The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 183.222.155.109
    <b>
    If you forgot password, please follow this link to recover it:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/login.php?do=lostpw</b>

All the best,
    War Relics forum Administration
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade, I'll keep me eyes peeled and let you know if it happens.

Attempted hacker 108.165.33.11
    <b>.
    Appears to be of US origins. I had to reset my password late last week.
    Cheers fella's

?

Yeah someone from that IP tried on my account. Thankfully I just updated my password from 12345 to ABCDE.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Yeah someone from that IP tried on my account. Thankfully I just updated my password from 12345 to ABCDE.
    Just as well Adolf didn't have you develop the enigma machine, we'd still be trying to crack the code!

Hi Dave, thanks, I have blocked that IP.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast