Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hijacked?

Article about: Are these post's below this one for real or have we been hijacked?

Default Re: Hijacked?

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/warme...bernr27291wrf/

here is a new perp. Any way to ban the IP?

It's been a year since I joined WRF... so I don't remember. When new members sign up, is there anything this forum does to make sure the person is real and not one of these damn spam bots?

Aaargh, the bot is attacking again, he is filling up my email inbox.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by Collectorww2 View Post
    Aaargh, the bot is attacking again, he is filling up my email inbox.
    It's odd which threads he's attacking. You'd think it would choose active, popular threads... not ones that are old with only a few posts on them.

?

Dang spam bot....

?

Don't reply to them either privately or on the forum as it gives the Mods more posts to delete.
    Unfortunately if the spammer whacks in more than fifty posts the Mods can ban them but not delete all the posts at the same time so they will show as being banned but their posts will remain in some cases.
    You keep reporting them, we'll keep banning them!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Affirmative. Just now edited a spam bot bitching post, which would have looked slightly out of context with the offender and his(its?) posts removed.

?

I'm tired of this guy "achnacksuzi". What happened to the forum? We never had this problem before. Maybe we had but not in my membership time. I feel sorry for the mods and admins having to work with this nonsense. Thank you guys.

Regards

Lars

?

He is gone.
    But good point; my sympathy to the mods who have to deal with never ending posts such as the spam bot attacks and other redundant 'carp.'

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I'm tired of this guy "achnacksuzi". What happened to the forum? We never had this problem before. Maybe we had but not in my membership time. I feel sorry for the mods and admins having to work with this nonsense. Thank you guys.

Regards

Lars
    Nothing has happened to the forum, there have always been spammers and junk posted it's just the last few days there has been a spate of these 'bots' posting numerous times and in quick succession.
    It comes and goes in waves. It might be quiet for a month or two and then suddenly they hit the forum for a while, get banned and disappear, then it goes quiet again and so on.
    Please be aware that while it may be really annoying it will be dealt with as soon as is possible. The Admin and Mod team have lives and jobs to do away from the forum so we might not see a problem as it occurs. Please just report these issues and as soon as one of the forum team can deal with it we will. We can't pre-empt these situations unfortunately.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast