Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How can I improve

Article about: Hi all, I just wanted to take a minute and hopefully figure out why the majority of my posts do not receive much assistance, yet receiving tons of views If there’s anything I’m doing wrong o

Default How can I improve

Hi all, I just wanted to take a minute and hopefully figure out why the majority of my posts do not receive much assistance, yet receiving tons of views

If there’s anything I’m doing wrong or should be doing, please let me know guys. I love this forum, and and have been told before to support it. But will my experience change if I’m a paid member? Although I’m not a member I’ve tried to help out where I can; my posts are polite and to the point; and I try and research to my best ability before making a post.

I’ve only been holding off since signing up simply because I wanted to see what the community is like, and do have intentions of eventually becoming a member. Please let me know what I could do differently as it’s seems the pointers or confirmations I seek escape me. Thank you.

?

Hello, There are many experts and authorities here as you well know, with as many different collecting interests as there are time zones.. Most members do not sit around waiting to answer questions like Google, they have lives outside of the forum, I am curious as to your collecting.. Perhaps the right people haven't seen your post yet or a number of any reasons why there is no response.. I have seen members of the forum post rusty metal and what to know if it was from a B-52 Bomber/ Tank / or ??? ( How would we know with such little to go on ) So, I guess it boils down to what you collect.. JMO.. Take care.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Matt,

I will say that it is my belief that there is no favoritism on this forum. Members (paying or not), help other members (paying or not).

That's not to say that sometime we (all) grow weary of some members that suck out information without otherwise engaging on the forum.

In the end....there is no single reason why some posts get lots of 'views' but few replies but it happens to almost everyone. It can be frustrating but it is not personal or discriminatory.

Often times, members don't have or know the answer and thus rightfully don't comment. I view more threads then I can count in a day, but only comment where I know I can add value. I rarely comment on SS items, Allied gear, edged weapons but still enjoy viewing what is posted. Other times, one reply sums it all up so there is nothing to add........and lastly....like it or not, sometimes a post just doesn't 'catch on' and quickly drops down the list.

Regards,

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Matt,
    Don’t get discouraged. I agree with Michael in saying there isn’t favoritism here but I guess at time we as members get complacent with things we see because we’ve seen a lot and get bored and that’s not fair to new or young collectors. For me not posting as much is two fold, my collecting has changed to a very narrow field and time for me at the moment is limited and I don’t take the time to look at all the sub forums.
    Head up my friend life is good.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by MAP View Post
    Often times, members don't have or know the answer and thus rightfully don't comment. I view more threads then I can count in a day, but only comment where I know I can add value.
    I agree and I think that this is the case with most threads that get little or no replies.
    Sometimes we just don't know the answers or there is only or or two people with the
    expertise to answer and they are on a different time table.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I agree and I think that this is the case with most threads that get little or no replies.
    Sometimes we just don't know the answers or there is only or or two people with the
    expertise to answer
    and they are on a different time table.
    Agree 100%. And sometimes, they are not very active on the forum so they pop in only occasionally.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My two cents. I have posted some things that are either obscure (Aufspuler phone cable retriever) or not very "sexy" so to speak like combat trousers. The topics may be out of range for some or maybe a little dull in some aspect. Overall, I have received a lot of valuable feedback - so don't give up. Also, make sure it shows up in the correct section. Cheers, Neil

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    My two cents. I have posted some things that are either obscure (Aufspuler phone cable retriever) or not very "sexy" so to speak like combat trousers. The topics may be out of range for some or maybe a little dull in some aspect. Overall, I have received a lot of valuable feedback - so don't give up. Also, make sure it shows up in the correct section. Cheers, Neil
    Same thing with chaplain helmets LOL.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Personally I have been absent in late 2018-2019 due to life on family front and work front consuming me. I also redid my website so I failed to tune in here much and did not contribute. The posts I have seen from you seem to have no issue.

I must say your approach is professional and top shelf in starting this thread. We need eager, hungry and fresh members. The fact you are humble enough and respectful enough to ask the question to the peers and sage members here says something about you. I have done more via private message or one on one with other members here over past year as well. If I can ever help you please reach out. Even after 35+ years I still learn here and would say my knowledge is still lacking and ripe for progress. Keep on posting and hope you will stay here.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks so much everyone; I feel much better now after reading ya’lls input. I greatly appreciate that Rossi, and may reach out to you in the future directly. I will certainly continue contributing and business as usual with maybe a little more patience and understanding. Thanks for not taking my words the wrong way!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast