Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

How to Delete Photo "files" from the File Upload Manager?

Article about: Just a quick question for Dimas or one of the other tech savvy people...How do you delete an older photo from your "File Upload Manager"? This is the "upper box" of the 2

Default How to Delete Photo "files" from the File Upload Manager?

Just a quick question for Dimas or one of the other tech savvy people...How do you delete an older photo from your "File Upload Manager"? This is the "upper box" of the 2 when you upload a new photo to one of your albums. Editing the Album itself is no problem, but I happened to notice that the "Upload File Manager" had several pages of previously uploaded photos in it and there seems to be no option of emptying it of any. Is there a way to prune down the number of uploaded photos? If there is, I guess I'm just not seeing it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Re: How to Delete Photo "files" from the File Upload Manager?

Hello William,
    I am not sure, but i believe any photos that are not posted on threads will be automatically deleted after 1 hour. Any that are posted on threads will be removed from threads if they are deleted.
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Yes, I believe that Ralph is correct here William. Be careful deleting any images as they are then removed from the thread. Ultimately, the forum loses a little every time somebody does this. I actually did it a while ago, and didn't realise the implications at the time. Thenceforth, no deleting.

Regards,

Carl

?

I think it was member Grimebox that deleted nearly all his photos on his escape and evasion thread in this manner and it took him a long time to re photograph and upload all his stuff again. Be careful!
    I believe what you are seeing is the total of your uploaded photos stored on the server, not your pc, so if you delete them there, they will disappear from your threads.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    I think it was member Grimebox that deleted nearly all his photos on his escape and evasion thread in this manner and it took him a long time to re photograph and upload all his stuff again. Be careful!
    I believe what you are seeing is the total of your uploaded photos stored on the server, not your pc, so if you delete them there, they will disappear from your threads.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Andy is right,don`t delete them......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Andy is right! Don't do what I did, you will cry - A lot!!!!
    (and it was ALL of my photos)

Yes, I remember Grimebox's fiasco-I think I heard the sudden horrified shriek when it happened even over Here! I always wondered if he ever did replace the window he broke when he threw his computer through it....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It took my wife three days to scrape me off the ceiling

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello William,
    I am not sure, but i believe any photos that are not posted on threads will be automatically deleted after 1 hour. Any that are posted on threads will be removed from threads if they are deleted.
    Hope this helps,
    Ralph.
    Than is 100% accurate, unless admins denied removing for a particular usergroups