Become our sponsor and display your banner here

How does the reserve system work on classified auctions?

Article about: Hello all, How exactly does the reserve system work on classified auctions? I ask because I won a listing that I did not see had a reserve, no reserve was mentioned in the description, but t

Default How does the reserve system work on classified auctions?

Hello all,

How exactly does the reserve system work on classified auctions? I ask because I won a listing that I did not see had a reserve, nor was there a reserve was mentioned in the description, but the seller (member ChrisK) states he cannot sell me the cross as $225.00 is not enough money for it. Is a seller allowed to decide there was a reserve at the end of a listing or determine cost of an item after the sale has concluded, or is there something that I missed on the ad itself? Here's a link to the ad: http://www.warrelics.eu/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=9617}&cat=9}

If it had a reserve on it can you please tell me where I should see this?

William Kramer
    Last edited by all1knew; 02-08-2016 at 04:55 AM.

I can't see a reserve, if a seller wants a certain price he should show the item has a reserve on the listing or sell it at a "buy it now" price!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

I agree with Gunny, you can't put something into an auction for sale and then, just because it hasn't made the money you want, decide to put a reserve on it. The sale item should have 'reserve' stated so buyers are aware that they have to reach a certain price before they can secure it and know that the seller is happy they are getting what they believe it is worth. That is how I always understood what the term 'Reserve' meant.
    Regards Steve.
    Quilly58

I bid on it and saw no mention anywhere of a reserve. Not surprised that he doesn't want to let it go at that price tho.

Steve

Hello William,
    Although Chris probably did not set up the auction correctly and what you have stated is likely correct, you might have a read of this thread which might explain why he might not have been thinking clearly.
    http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/wrf-go...5/#post1572536
    Things do change.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

fair enough, and I'll leave it alone but if the guy wanted a certain price and didn't put a reserve on it, he should have put the opening bid at the price he wanted, not starting at a dollar and then determining a "reserve had been placed on the listing" after his listing didn't reach a price he had "hoped for"

that seems like poor business practices and on the edge of being slightly shady in my opinion; I certainly would never do something like this. That's great he starts a thread stating his money is all gone, but when I try to put money in his pocket he says it isn't enough....

William Kramer
    Us and them - and after all were only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows its not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

Quote by all1knew View Post
    That's great he starts a thread stating his money is all gone, but when I try to put money in his pocket he says it isn't enough....

William Kramer
    Hi William,
    Unfortunately, I think it is about more than just the money.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)