Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

'likes' gone?

Article about: As I mentioned before, Dimas is going to try get this sorted. Bear with us guys. I am not going to fiddle with the control panel as we could loose the whole forum! Cheers, Ade.

Quote by big ned View Post
    How sad if they have to go, it'll be like another nail in the coffin, another sign that the 'Golden Era' of this forum that is considered by many of us to be the best because of it's greatly informed, knowledgable, friendly, amusing and convivial (on the whole), members and atmosphere, is beginning to slip away compared to what it was like back when. I have felt this more and more over past months, and having been here a long time now and seeing the gradual change in things during this time, the comings and goings, the arguments, bullying, key members posting far less or no longer posting at all have all had a deleterious effect that has, I believe, touched us all to a greater or lesser degree.
    I'm afraid I have to fully agree with these observations, although I still have the hope we can recover from the problems that plagued us recently, improve again and return to the standards, practices and spirits we once had. With a membership that includes a substantial number of highly advanced collectors, proper historians, published authors and very decent blokes, Lord knows we still have the "human resources" necessary for that. Still more majestic shalt thou rise...!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Remember Ned that in the 'good old days' of the forum there was no 'like' facility. 'Likes' is a relatively new addition
    A good point, too.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I don't like the sound of this. In fact my wife even accused me of being a miserable old git because I don't seem to like anything any more. I tried to explain to her that its not that I don't like things as in I actually 'like' them, its just that I'm not allowed to like like I used to be able to like. When I liked things on the forum I just clicked on 'like' like everyone else did. But since the option of like was taken away I am no longer able to like postings like I used to. If the option to like things on here is ever returned, rest assured that I will once again start liking like I have never liked before.
    Harry, enough already. My brain hurts!

Remember Ned that in the 'good old days' of the forum there was no 'like' facility.

'Likes' is a relatively new addition

Nick
    Old enough for some of us to get 6000+ though eh Nick??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I reckon I've given you about 1000 Ned, you've had me laughing heaps of times! (of course you've educated me too!)

?

I have not given Ned quite as many likes as you Dave but he has brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion due to laughter and cost me a wireless key board some months back when (Yours were well earned Ned ) I ended up spraying my coffee all over mine one morning when I clicked on one of his replies to a thread .

Regards Mark

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I have not given Ned quite as many likes as you Dave but he has brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion due to laughter and cost me a wireless key board some months back when (Yours were well earned Ned ) I ended up spraying my coffee all over mine one morning when I clicked on one of his replies to a thread .

Regards Mark
    He is a very entertaining fella Mark, I'd love to settle down and have a few coldies with the bloke one day.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    He is a very entertaining fella Mark, I'd love to settle down and have a few coldies with the bloke one day.
    He's a likable chap, get it like-able?..... i'll get my coat!....

I know what you mean Ned I was coming up to the 5000 point!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Yeah was quite pleasent to get the odd "like" every now & then..Does anybody know when they are coming back or not?? Cheers Terry.

I know what you mean Ned I was coming up to the 5000 point!

Nick
    Lets hope it don't reset em
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

MAP
    ?

Well, the Imperial Forum is back up and running. Can we hope the "likes" come back soon?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast