Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Loading image in PM no insert Image just add from url

Article about: Hi friends I want to send an image in PM but there is no insert image from computer just add image from URL. How do I get around this. Its fine when im uploading to a post or thread but PM ?

Default Loading image in PM no insert Image just add from url

Hi friends

I want to send an image in PM but there is no insert image from computer just add image from URL.

How do I get around this.

Its fine when im uploading to a post or thread but PM ?

cheers

Phill

?

This is the only time where an outside picture web hosting site comes into play on this forum. A website like Photobucket, Vendio, etc where you upload your photo's then copy the url into that box. I pay $3 a month for mine but I'm sure there are some that are free.

Cheers, Al

I haven't tried it but if it is possible to load photos into "your album" within your profile could you then use the URL option in the PM?

?

Good idea might work, because when you click on the photo it opens a new window with it's own url

Aldo I sent you a PM with an image attachment ..let me know if you get it and what the image is .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Aldo I sent you a PM with an image attachment ..let me know if you get it and what the image is .

Regards Larry
    Works like a charm, what did you do ? album url like blackcat suggested ? Thanks

?

Quote by Larry C View Post

Regards Larry
    Hook me up Brother!!!
    I tried to do it with other members in the past and had no luck. I had to ask for an email addy to send or attach images .

What's the secret
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Ok..first

I dont have any photos I keep in my forum album..but what Black cat suggests about using the photo URL from that album should work.

2nd : There is no need for an outside photo hosting site which in the long run those photos will disappear without notice.
    The sequence I uses is Internet free and also within the options of your own computer.

This option does not work on your computers download or picture section ...... BUT ...if there is a need for a photo ...you can always google it or go within this forum or where ever globally on the internet...open the photo and right click !...you will see an option that says " Copy Image Address "

Insert that in the URL option and you can send photos by PM ...and I have used my own photos already posted since now those photos have an Internet address.
    Photos within your computers download or picture section do not have an Internet address.

As far as the Forums photo album its worth a test try or wait for more answers in that specific regard.
    I sent a photo to Aldo which I opened and clicked Copy Image address from one of the threads in my forum.
    Give it a try ...it works for me.

50% of the time you will come across your own photos within google

@ Phil ..the secret has been revealed
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I sent Phil an Image for the Japanese Cups thread

May not be appropriate on that thread

?

Love the new Japanese cups thread image you sent me, I'm sure Phil will appreciate it too ! Bonzai

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast