Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Lost the ‘desktop’ version of WRF on iPhone

Article about: I was still having problems with the forum running slow so I cleared my internet history on my iPhone and logged back in, now all I can get is the ‘vBulletin’ version. I prefer the desktop v

Default Lost the ‘desktop’ version of WRF on iPhone

I was still having problems with the forum running slow so I cleared my internet history on my iPhone and logged back in, now all I can get is the ‘vBulletin’ version. I prefer the desktop version (and don’t deal with change very well!), you used to be able to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the desktop link but that has gone. Does anybody know how I can get the desktop version on to my iPhone?

?

If I am correct you can change it in your browser settings. Just click on 'show in desktop version' (I have an android Phone, so I don't know where to find this in an Iphone).

Regards, Rik

Quote by Dschop View Post
    If I am correct you can change it in your browser settings. Just click on 'show in desktop version' (I have an android Phone, so I don't know where to find this in an Iphone).

Regards, Rik
    You are a genius sir! I can breath easy now. Many thanks

I can switch to the desktop version on my Android phone, but oddly, if I open a link in a new tab, that one reverts to the mobile version. (If I just click on the link, the site stays in the desktop version.)

For anybody who has an iPhone you scroll down which brings up the ‘bar’ at the bottom, you then press on the icon in the middle (the one if you were sending something as a link). You then scroll to the left on the bottom icons (starting with ‘Add to reading list’), if you scroll across you get to an icon that states ‘Request Desktop site’ and then you can relax and stop getting stressed and angry and shouting and swearing at your phone.

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    For anybody who has an iPhone you scroll down which brings up the ‘bar’ at the bottom, you then press on the icon in the middle (the one if you were sending something as a link). You then scroll to the left on the bottom icons (starting with ‘Add to reading list’), if you scroll across you get to an icon that states ‘Request Desktop site’ and then you can relax and stop getting stressed and angry and shouting and swearing at your phone.
    Thanks for the info, I hate the mobile version and was experiencing this issue as well!

I having similar issues, opens in desktop but reverts to vbulletin..
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.