Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Moderator please: Spam, virus, malware, or something else wrong

Article about: Hi guys, Please see the above post. There seems to be a problem with the site. We keep getting directed to spam ads when access the TR Ring Forum. I know nothing about hacking but there is c

Default Moderator please: Spam, virus, malware, or something else wrong

Hi guys,

Please see the above post. There seems to be a problem with the site. We keep getting directed to spam ads when access the TR Ring Forum. I know nothing about hacking but there is clearly a problem here.

Thanks,

Stephen

It's been days and it's still ongoing, and the mods haven't addressed anything on the OG thread. Ridiculous.

Here's the existing thread on the tech sub-forum:

Nasty commercial screens ?

Quote by Christian K View Post
    the mods haven't addressed anything. Ridiculous.
    Hmm, there is an obvious answer to that.

The mods work bloody hard as far as I can see and of their own free will. They are not employed to do it. In any case it isn't a mod function. Rather and admin one but the same applies.

Do you fancy having a go? If not don't be so hostile and let Dimas fix it.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Hmm, there is an obvious answer to that.

The mods work bloody hard as far as I can see and of their own free will. They are not employed to do it. In any case it isn't a mod function. Rather and admin one but the same applies.

Do you fancy having a go? If not don't be so hostile and let Dimas fix it.
    This is a major security issue. The mods have failed to address the issue and peoples concerns. Any other forum would have fixed this within the day. If not, it would have been shut down for maintenance to protect its users. God forbid people are concerned.

"Do you fancy having a go?"

I'm calling a spade a spade. If I get banned, so be it.

It might be a problem with the browsers you use, i myself use Firefox and an Add blocker, and i had never any problems concerning pop ups etc. on this site, even when acessing the tr ring forum.
    Regards,
    Adravor

Quote by Adravor View Post
    It might be a problem with the browsers you use, i myself use Firefox and an Add blocker, and i had never any problems concerning pop ups etc. on this site, even when acessing the tr ring forum.
    Regards,
    Adravor
    I use Firefox as well and use a VPN with an adblocker. Still have the issue along with many others.

You should give the administrators/moderators a little more credit,, They aren't here simply for your beck and call....They are working the issues and it takes time.... If you have issues with the forum, leave.. simple as that,,, if not satisfied.. which obviously by your statements about other forums and "how they fix issues within a day" then go there,,,

Have you donated funds to the forum?? It's real easy to ridicule and chastise someone without helping to pay for the maintenance and upkeep...

So be it if you get banned... No issues here with me if you do...

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    You should give the administrators/moderators a little more credit,, They aren't here simply for your beck and call....They are working the issues and it takes time.... If you have issues with the forum, leave.. simple as that,,, if not satisfied.. which obviously by your statements about other forums and "how they fix issues within a day" then go there,,,

Have you donated funds to the forum?? It's real easy to ridicule and chastise someone without helping to pay for the maintenance and upkeep...

So be it if you get banned... No issues here with me if you do...
    Well I am a gold club member, so yes I have. I will be deleting my account today.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast