MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Nasty commercial screens ?

Article about: Anyone else getting a new page with commercial nonsense when you click on something in the forum ? I have both on my pc and iPad. I click and a new page opens up to some off site webpage. Wh

?

Those ICT people working with the software and database behind the forum will understand what i say.

Quote by Colin View Post
    WTF. In preview while writing previous reaction my 'strijdbewijs' link was www dot strijdbewijs dot nl as it should be...

... and now, after i've posted it, IT IS A VIGLINK!

Viglink alters original links into new redirect links. That (redirect url) is what redirects on the forum so popups can open, and this is IN and ON the forum.

Admin, if this is NOT part of the forum (which i think), i really think there's your core problem!
    Go hunt for that viglink. That viglink shit is somewere in your database or includes or whatever were. Find that.

Not often here, but i regularly come back again to read some for some years now. Because i like this forum.
    So good luck with this! Kill it.
    Unfortunately this is not new:

Links to webpages a being redirected to viglink.com

I noticed this a year ago.

I think as a priority the site should seek to get a certificate (https). It is fairly poor for a forum not to have one these days.
    Nick

?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    For a second I thought it didn’t work and i was still being redirected to spam advert websites.
    But then i cleared my browsing data/history and all that sorta stuff and now it works perfectly!

Great job Dimas!!!
    Yes thank you Dimas. I also experience the same problem still until I cleared my browsing details, Thanks JB for bringing it up, I was going through withdrawals. Al

?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Unfortunately this is not new:

Links to webpages a being redirected to viglink.com

I noticed this a year ago.

I think as a priority the site should seek to get a certificate (https). It is fairly poor for a forum not to have one these days.
    Nick
    Viglink is a forum sponsor
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks for sorting those annoying pop ups Dimas, everything seems good again now.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Viglink is a forum sponsor
    Thanks Dimas, so when we get these redirects, do you know what is happening?
    Also, are we any further to getting a certificate applied? I know you had technical issues with this before.
    Nick

Default Let's Encrypt...

Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open certificate authority (CA), run for the public’s benefit. It is a service provided by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).

The key principles behind Let’s Encrypt are:

Free: Anyone who owns a domain name can use Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate at zero cost.

Automatic: Software running on a web server can interact with Let’s Encrypt to painlessly obtain a certificate, securely configure it for use, and automatically take care of renewal.

Secure: Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices, both on the CA side and by helping site operators properly secure their servers.

Transparent: All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.

Open: The automatic issuance and renewal protocol will be published as an open standard that others can adopt.

Cooperative: Much like the underlying Internet protocols themselves, Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organization.
    Let's Encrypt - Free SSL/TLS Certificates

mpw
    ?

When I log in I get two or three redirects and then everything seems to settle down. I have deleted browsing history etc but that didn't make any difference.
    Cheers, Mark.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    It must be solved now. Please add comments if still problems. Due to some changes and works, there can be glitches or database errors, but that is normal during the maintenance
    All seems to be working fine now. Thanks.

I've been off the forum all week, but it seems fine now..

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast