Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New picture posting feature - How to guide !

Article about: Hey guys Thought I'd post a quick 'how to' for the new look site and the new way of uploading your pictures to the forum. This new upload tool allows you to post 'inline' so you can describe

Default New picture posting feature - How to guide !

Hey guys

Thought I'd post a quick 'how to' for the new look site and the new way of uploading your pictures to the forum.

This new upload tool allows you to post 'inline' so you can describe each of your pictures within the main body of your post, or at the bottom, grouped like before. It also allows you to pic up any previously uploaded pictures and add them to your post !!!

So, here's how.

Just below the 'additional options' header you see when creating a new thread or 'advanced' reply, you will see a button titled 'Pictures upload'. Click this to start.

A new window will open. If you have previously uploaded pictures to the forum, you will see them in the main part of this new window. You will see they have check boxes on them. Simply tick the check box of any to add them to a thread. I will add a picture of the Lancaster from last week. I tick the check box, then drag it into the bottom portion of the 'upload' window. Then I click on 'Done' at the far bottom right hand corner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New picture posting feature - How to guide !  

Default Re: New picture posting feature - How to guide !

So that's how to add an existing picture to the bottom of your thread. You can 'check' more than one and add them as you wish.

You can now also add 'in line' with the text of the document.

Click on the 'pictures upload' again, then choose a photograph, (this time I will pic 1st Lieutenant Oliver Jelks), and then I will click on the 'Insert Inline' command, bottom right hand corner of the upload window. Like this.....

This has now included an 'attach' tag to my text box and I can write above and beneath it, simply by inserting text.

Here I 'insert inline' a picture of his watch....

...and then a picture of some 7.92s i picked up at the carboot. You will see these stay within the body of my text box and don't appear at the bottom of the thread.

more.............

Nice one Steve. I like the ability to put lines of text in between photo's. Handy for explaining details etc...

And now for new photographs you wish to upload.

Click on the 'pictures upload' button and open up the upload window.

Now click on the button that says 'Add Files' (top right of the upload window).

Now click on the button, just off the bottom of this little window that has opened, that says 'Select files'.

This will now open up a link to your hard drive. Navigate to the folder where your pictures are and choose which ones you want to upload. Please note, you can now MULTI select files to upload.

Once you have selected your files click 'Open'. This will then show your selected files in the upload box. Now click on 'Upload files' and you will see a progress bar as each is uploaded. Once uploaded they will appear in the bottom half of your upload window and will all be 'ticked'.

You can either leave them there to show them all at the bottom of your thread, or put them inline like above. Here I will leave them to appear in the bottom of my thread, (.50cal restoration project I did).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New picture posting feature - How to guide !   New picture posting feature - How to guide !  

Hope this thread helps !

Anyone needs any help, just give me a nudge.

Oh......this new upload tool means that there should be absolutely NO REASON to use off site picture hosting and /img tags. With the inline tool even I can do my normal commentary and not have to double load my pictures.

MUCH EASIER !!!!

Cheers

Steve T

Still a loss . Can you post it ??

I have sent you a PM.

Very helpful post my friend! But i have one more question... When i have finished uploading a picture and i want to change the vertical or horizontal axes what can i do? Some pics of mine are uploaded upside down and i don't know how to invert them! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far as I know, you cannot edit files once they are uploaded.

I don't understand why a file should be uploading upside down and am not sure how it is possible.

Steve T

I still seem to have to double load my pics. I have uploaded some pics they are in the upper window, and I check them but still cannot move them down to post to the new threads. Info?

Thanks TK

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast