Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Not one genuine post!!

Article about: This really is out of hand! I just logged into the forum and every single one of the most recent posts in the forum was SPAM!!!! I for one am getting very tired of "wading" through

Default Not one genuine post!!

This really is out of hand! I just logged into the forum and every single one of the most recent posts in the forum was SPAM!!!! I for one am getting very tired of "wading" through this crap every day, it ruins the forum experience and has been going on for months. I have to say that i am so fed up with it that i am seriously considering to stop coming here again. Leon.

Leon, i used to run a tattoo forum site, when the spam bots get a grip there is really no stopping them. Maybe the new user section can be made invisible to the rest of us?...

It is strange that I only see this on this forum, all the others I visit do not get any spam posts such as these.

They are only in the new users section and the new posts list, neither of which I look at rather I go to the sections I am interested in, therefore I am not as irritated by this as you seem to be Leon.

That said, I would like it to stop but I do not know how that can be done, some form of soft ware I guess.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It's up to us Mods to eradicate spammers when we find them
    but we're not on the Forum 24-7. I've noticed an increase
    in spam the last month or so, and I'm "on" only
    a few hours a week at most.........
    Regards,

Steve.

As said above, practically all of the spam is in the "new users approval" sub-forum.

Its contents do appear in the "latest posts" window, but not under the "new posts" link, which is what I use to check out new contributions, so they don't bother me at all.

(It was a different story before we had that section and they appeared under the "new posts" list as well...)

I have just deleted lots of spam, I login when I can to get rid of the spam, I also dont get paid for it and I hate doing it but I do!
    Ben

?

Could we not add or change a random question a bot or person would do before signing on?

How about a algebraic expression like

4X=8
    Solve for X ???

I'm online at different times to most due to being in the Southern hemisphere, and I notice that there is a succession of spam at a certain time, when the stuff is being sent and possibly the moderators are tucked up in bed. My suggestion would be a few more tweeks by IT guys, to make the "new user approval" forum only visible to moderators and cut the first post link to the front page from any post in "new user". That would make all spam invisible to 99% of members and defeat the spammers as no visiblilty= no sales= no $. Cut the links and turn out the lights!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    As said above, practically all of the spam is in the "new users approval" sub-forum.
    Its contents do appear in the "latest posts" window, but not under the "new posts" link, which is what I use to check out new contributions, so they don't bother me at all.
    (It was a different story before we had that section and they appeared under the "new posts" list as well...)
    I usually go straight to the 'What's New section' and don't see the spam there.
    I think JB's suggestion is a good one - if you want to sign up you must go to the new members section and also fill in a 'I'm not a robot' verification.
    These can also be picture boxes - click on the boxes with buses/traffic lights/shops etc...
    Perhaps Dimas could look at the feasibility of this?

Nick

I know this does not help Leon. But I have not seen one "spam" item in over a year. I stay logged on. I go to "what's new" & observe threads. I see absolutely no spam alerts. Could it be your computer ? Again...not much help here but how come I don't see any of this ?

By the way....please don't leave. I need you here
    D.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast