Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Photo Test

Article about: So, Santa left me some new photography lights. It was kind of a shot in the dark as they were bought via Amazon without trying them out first. Overall they seem to be nice but still playing

MAP
    ?

Default Photo Test

So, Santa left me some new photography lights. It was kind of a shot in the dark as they were bought via Amazon without trying them out first.

Overall they seem to be nice but still playing with them. They do have adjustable color temp controls which is nice. Still....nothing beats natural day light photos.

Photo TestPhoto TestPhoto Test
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Here is my first helmet test... No post photo editing

Without new lights - only overhead LED's in light box

Photo Test

With new lights - 3.6k Kelvin Light color

Photo Test

With new lights - 4.4k Kelvin Light color

Photo Test

With new lights - 5.6k Kelvin Light color

Photo Test

And the 5.6k with some post photo brightening

Photo Test

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

And 2nd test with a Camo - no post photo editing

No front facing LED's

Photo Test

Photo Test

Photo Test

Photo Test

And the 5.6k with some minor post photo brightening

Photo Test

MAP
    ?

What are your thoughts?

I think these new lights do the job well. Could be a bit brighter, but I went with the smaller sized lights.

?

Neat set i been thinking to get photography light too sometimes i just wait sun to shine to get good photo
    Well your photos look bit dim but this also depends viewers monitor like i keep my monitor purposely bit dim so it wont strain eyes...
    5.6k with some minor post photo brightening seems best to me...

MAP
    ?

Yes. Agree. still not very bright. But it's a fine balance. Too much light washes out the object.

Maybe bigger lights are needed but for now, I think they do the trick.

?

Pretty cool, in my opinion as well, the 5.6k with some post photo brightening looks best.

Great photos, I like the 5.6k the best. Are you able to angle the lights so that they illuminate more from the front than the top?
    The setup with the light box, good camera and new lights is really good though, and I'm guessing it gives you a lot of satisfaction too.
    My (comparatively) cheap compact Panasonic camera which was £350 is so much better than my mobile phone camera, especially on macro.
    Well worth the money.
    Nick

Photos look good map, 5.6 seems to do the trick on the helmets. Have you tried on any firearms? I have the most trouble with anything high polished blued.
    John

I agree also 5.6
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast