Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

Article about: WRF forum has the upload feature. It's quick and easy to use. Browse - select your picture and add as an attachment ( manage attachments button, under the new post/reply edit screen) , do th

?

Default Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

WRF forum has the upload feature. It's quick and easy to use.

Browse - select your picture and add as an attachment ( manage attachments button, under the new post/reply edit screen) , do this procedure over and if you want to add more then one picture to a post.

If you resize your picture to around 800*600 it's even faster to upload, because of a smaller filesize and the optimal size is 100 kb the maximum is 244 kb

Some members still use a hosting site like imageshack or photobucket and they create two problems for the forum.
    1) External pictures make the uploading when opening a thread slower.
    2) The pictures disappear after a certain period. Pictures that disappear leave empty threads which makes them useless.

I checked several of the oldest forum threads and 50% of the threads didn't have any pictures anymore. Those threads are now useless

We think it's important for everyone that this forum can be used as a tool , for old threads to be useful as some can contain important information and discussions.

If anyone needs assistance with this just ask us. I also suggest you check out the FAQ about that.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

This is really quite an important issue. Please use the forum upload picture hosting software. It is free! And it makes threads more of a permenant resource.

Thanks!

Default Re: Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum

Wow !

I didn't know that ! I've been using photobucket and a link in my threads.

Oops

I'll follow correct procedure from here on in.

Steve T

Just bumping this thread back up, as some new members still use photo hosting sites.

Cheers, Ade.

Luftwaffe
    ?

Sorry, I will stop.

Photobucket- me too

3mk
    ?

Hey guys,
    Its ok not everyone knows everything

Its also easier to use no need to go on other sites upload pictures wait and then copy and paste the code

Guys, PLEASE stop using links! I am having to copy on average 20 pics a day onto the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

sorry about that mate. won't happen again

Guys, please no more photo hosting links!

I have spent 30 mins this morning re-posting pics!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast