Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problem posting a link.

Article about: Hello All, I am having a problem posting a link to a petition that needs signatures to help get a museum built on the former Grafton Underwood airfield. Every time I hit the submit button, T

?

Default Problem posting a link.

Hello All,
    I am having a problem posting a link to a petition that needs signatures to help get a museum built on the former Grafton Underwood airfield.
    Every time I hit the submit button, The page goes white and it will not load or post the thread I am trying to open,
    Now this link has a https prefix. Could this be the problem? I have tried it 7 times, 4 times in the Aviation History section then twice in the General Discussion section.
    The same thing happens. I also tried to send Ade a PM with this link and it did the same thing. The page went white and doesn't load.
    I did get permission from RichC before attempting this and he said I could, But I can't!!!????

Any thoughts or suggestion???

Semper Fi
    Phil

Test link-
    Dog Tags

test 2 -
    NARA - AAD - List of Series - Wars/ International Relations: World War II

- - ------- - -

Not sure what's up your end Phil? this has https

?

Just tried with link. It still on the other page I opened and its white and not loading.

I'm going to try to just link the page and them folks can go to Grafton petition.
    Let see if I can trey the short version of the link.
    TEST in 3,2,

?

NOPE. Now I have 2 white pages that are not loading after hitting the submit button.

I took off everything after the .com and it still won't post.

MAP
    ?

Failure to launch?

Can you paste the link and put a " before and after? Then we can cut and paste it into a browser?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Beforehttps://www.gopetition.com/petitions/grafton-underwood-airfield.htmlafter

?

You Awesome Michael. But not sure why it worked that way as I was doing a cut and paste with the original.
    Can you cut and paste that link without the before and after and see if it will appear in this message?
    Because it won't for me????????

MAP
    ?

ROFL....What I meant was to put an actual quotation mark (") ..........before and after. Not the words "before" and "after"

But whatever works.

Not much different than a formula in an Excel spreadsheet. The " " somehow identifies it as just plain text and overrides the software from trying to read it as a hyper link.

Like this "https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/grafton-underwood-airfield.html"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Gottcha. But can you try and cut and paste that link I am trying to post with out the quotation marks and see if you can reply to this post using just the link address?

Or is this a LINK type of thing problem?
    I've posted links to other websites and never had a problem

I guess my reply up there was aLMAO moment!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast