Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The 'Question Mark' picture when uploading

Article about: When I upload pics often one will come up as a question mark. Once posted it shows as a JPeg link. Has this happened to any other members ? Quite frustrating Thanks Nick

Default The 'Question Mark' picture when uploading

When I upload pics often one will come up as a question mark. Once posted it shows as a JPeg link.

Has this happened to any other members ?

Quite frustrating

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: The 'Question Mark' picture when uploading

It has happened to me a couple of times, usually with a larger file. I have found that if I load the '?' picture separately it will sometimes load correctly

I had this problem on a regular basis a while back and it seems that it is a random phenomenom completely at the will of the gods. I mentioned it in a previous post and that at first it was suggested it was to do with the size of the image, but it happened even with fairly small pictures, so go figure. Probably a glitch of some sort, but very frustrating all the same.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks guys I was beginning to think it was me !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

It happens at random, and as Jerry says, it is NOT an image size being too large related bug. However, if the failed image is re sized, it will upload.
    Strange indeed.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Don't worry, it does it to me too.

I always remove that one, then resize and re-upload.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I get over it by going into the image, choosing 'save as', check the jpeg box (even if it already is saved as a jpeg) and saving again. The box comes up on the screen saying there is already an image saved with the same name and do I want to overwrite it so I just say yes and go from there.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....