Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Replies now 'Awaiting Moderation' is this normal?

Article about: Hi, I was able to start a new topic today and it appeared straight away - I've just gone to add a reply in this thread (and another one) and have gotten messages in both saying my posts won'

?

Default Replies now 'Awaiting Moderation' is this normal?

Hi, I was able to start a new topic today and it appeared straight away - I've just gone to add a reply in this thread (and another one) and have gotten messages in both saying my posts won't be seen untill they have been passed by a mod. Is this normal or have I done something wrong? It seems unusual to be able to start new threads without moderatation but need this when replying. Thanks, Steve

?

Default Re: Replies now 'Awaiting Moderation' is this normal?

It all depends what it is that you have said. We get Trolls here sometimes.

?

Thanks for the response Steve - I just wanted to make sure I had not done anything stupid or accidently changed any settings that might be causing me a problem. I included links to other threads within this forum in both my posts that have been stalled for mod approval - after your answer I am guessing it is the links that are causing this to happen. Thanks again, regards, Steve

The problem is you used a link for the original picture. I removed this before in the thread and added the picture using the forum uploader, which is free and easy to use.

The software will not allow pic links as they may be SPAM. So they are manually approved.

Please use the forum uploader in future

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Ade, many thanks for your help - It was me doing something stupid then!!

I did not mean to link to the picture but to the thread as a whole so I will make sure not to do this again. I did use the forum uploader for the initiail photograph I posted, as you say it is very easy to use so no excuses in the future

Thanks again, regards, Steve

?

If we don't use the forum upload we will end up with threads without pics down the road.

Cheers

I always found it best to save the photo of interest to my computer,, and resize if necessary,, and then use the forum uploader. Its a few extra steps,, but as Datrus said,, with this approach,,the photo will stay on the forum..and you will have a photo for your library for future reference. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

If the post starter is a new Member and posting outside links, the software counts it as a spam, I'am validating these posts manually, usually once in the day
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics