Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

"Spider" Viewers?

Article about: AskJeeves Spider 12:32 AM Viewing Thread MG-42 Lafette Mount Set up Google AdSense Spider 12:07 AM Viewing Thread hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle Yahoo! Slurp Spider 1

Default "Spider" Viewers?

AskJeeves Spider 12:32 AM Viewing Thread
    MG-42 Lafette Mount Set up
    Google AdSense Spider 12:07 AM Viewing Thread
    hello can anybody help me authenticate skull and eagle
    Yahoo! Slurp Spider 12:08 AM Viewing User Profile
    GGG
    I am curious what these "viewers" are. I see them a lot in the early hours of the morning. Do they pose a threat to the forum? These are just a few that I see. They don't show up in the currently active viewer's listing. Are thay connected with the ads on the forum?

Steve
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Default Re: "Spider" Viewers?

This is the search engine spiders, viewing the content of the forum to index them in search engines. For example if someone search for key word " German helmet" the Search engine then will know where is that words contains and which one more relevant to content to show them first in the list ... That is very important thing
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

As Dimas said, these are very important, but are nothing to worry about.

I had the very same question come up on the Red Army re-enactors forum I run. People were really worried about them. Now it has become something of a joke there.

Cheers, Ade.

....yea, I knew that. I just wanted to see if everybody else knew... Thanks.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

If someone wants to stop spidering it can be done with robots.txt file, or as forum has itself a function to disable spiders.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    If someone wants to stop spidering it can be done with robots.txt file, or as forum has itself a function to disable spiders.
    Thanks for the info. Dimas.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]