Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Is there a place on the forum to get items valued?

Article about: Hi, I have my WWI Feldmützen cap and I'd like to get an idea of it's worth before putting it up for sale, it there a place on the forum to have items valued? Thanks for your help in advance,

?

Default Is there a place on the forum to get items valued?

Hi,

I have my WWI Feldmützen cap and I'd like to get an idea of it's worth before putting it up for sale, it there a place on the forum to have items valued?

Thanks for your help in advance, cheers, John

Quote by Sigdog View Post
    Hi,

I have my WWI Feldmützen cap and I'd like to get an idea of it's worth before putting it up for sale, it there a place on the forum to have items valued?

Thanks for your help in advance, cheers, John
    No there is not, most members here do not like giving valuations, especially to newer or low post count members.

Thats the way it is. Best to look at comparable items on dealers sites
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

CBH
    ?

I agree with Jerry, get all the information you can on the the item, then search reputable dealer sites and the actual value is somewhere between 50/75% of their selling price.

?

Hi John,

First off welcome to the WRF. Value in my experience is based on condition, rarity, manufacturer and how bad the buyer really needs or wants it. It also depends on how motivated the seller is and what kind of margin they have into a piece.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Thanks everyone, same as the few other forums I am on, on searching the net I had a bit of trouble finding these for sale, I've just found a couple that have been sold on ebay, I'll just find out if medical corps hats are any more or less valuable, cheers, John
    Last edited by Sigdog; 12-08-2018 at 11:12 PM.

?

For more common items, a lot of time spent researching will help a bit, as well you could go to local Military shows to get a better idea, and I fully understand newer people joining just to pick the brains of people here, without them offering anything in return ( Membership of info they have) The big problem is for those rare of near one of a kind things, and if you put into this forum, some may help out a bt more, but so many come in asking "whats if worth" withpout even introducing themselves makes most members somewhat leary

?

Quote by CampX View Post
    For more common items, a lot of time spent researching will help a bit, as well you could go to local Military shows to get a better idea, and I fully understand newer people joining just to pick the brains of people here, without them offering anything in return ( Membership of info they have) The big problem is for those rare of near one of a kind things, and if you put into this forum, some may help out a bt more, but so many come in asking "whats if worth" withpout even introducing themselves makes most members somewhat leary
    Yes I understand this, it is simular to all forums I have been involved in, I hope that with my introduction and posts so far that I have already began to add a little to the forum, I understand that learning and giving knowledge comes from participation.

This thread may explain a little.
    Free authentication and valuation service.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)