Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Third Party photo posts held to ransom ~

Article about: Well ~ I may be a tad late on this one btu has anyone else suddenly realised that ALL their third party posting of photos has gone down the Drain ~ As of June 26 ~ Photo Bucket has decided t

Default Third Party photo posts held to ransom ~

Well ~ I may be a tad late on this one btu has anyone else suddenly realised that ALL their third party posting of photos has gone down the Drain ~

As of June 26 ~ Photo Bucket has decided that no longer will any photos be allowed to be used in thrid arty postings~

I ceased this practice some three years ago BUT obviously now ALL my photos posted before the date I posted them are no longer visible and MY photos are being held to Ransom ~

Sons &^** *(&^*(^ !!!!!!!!!!

Unless I pay $5.99 or $500 a year !!!! ~

The only option is now to upload the respective photos to each post ~ an absolutely laborious task ~

So be warned ~ I know this web site has been discouraging third party posts for many years and I ceased along time ago ~

Photobucket images not appearing on Amazon, eBay: New fee infuriates users

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/pho...-embedded-web/

?

I mean, essentially it's your fault for not uploading the pictures directly to the site three years ago, unfortunately. And to add a bit of pain to that, the searching browser for threads will still link to your threads deeming them useless.

But I dont think anyone will have anything against you for it, ofcourse. Any member that tries to contribute to the community is still a valued member!

Thanks for the warning.

Regards,
    Bas

Agreed totally ~ Gimmie ~

Thankfully I DID cease to use Hosting around 3 years ago ~ More a warning to others that may still do the same thing ~

I actually occasionally contributed to another ( UK ) site and their entire up load depended on such thrid party sites and I dread to think how the web site looks today ~

I coudl just forget it and move on but I know there are alot of interested parties that like to review and browse the post/ pages ~ Seems a pity to lose all the input ~

I am working on a plan for the 'pleasure' of others to appreciate "our" / my efforts and will endeavour to replace all the MIA photos ~

(Don't worry ~ now giving self a few "upper cuts" to the jaw ! LOL )

Not wanting to be argumentative, but I thought that it was agreed we didn't use photo hosting sites, as when something like this happens the threads all become useless?

This was from 2008:

Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum
    "Per Ardua"

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    Not wanting to be argumentative, but I thought that it was agreed we didn't use photo hosting sites, as when something like this happens the threads all become useless?

This was from 2008:

Please don't use picture hosting from other picture hosting sites for the forum
    He is fully aware of that if you read his post
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks, Woolgar, I did notice that, but as this article I listed was from 2008, it has been a long time practice to not use photo hosting sites, people here still use them now, which is a bit annoying for me, as I while away my work hours on here and the company policy is to block photo hosting sites.

This is what makes this site better than most as the photo resources are held on the site and they are (mostly) usable resources all the time.

Just my lowly opinion
    "Per Ardua"

Lightbulb

This episode is why I put a thread in the Members Lounge thanking the admin team for their foresight.

The whole Photobucket thing is disgraceful and sadly, other Forums which give members no option but to use third-party hosting of images, are literally in tatters with years of information ruined.

?

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    This episode is why I put a thread in the Members Lounge thanking the admin team for their foresight.

The whole Photobucket thing is disgraceful and sadly, other Forums which give members no option but to use third-party hosting of images, are literally in tatters with years of information ruined.
    I also agree,, Useless..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The concern I have ` is this PB thing merely setting a precedent and many other image type sites ~ follow suit ?

I already mentioned I post ~ occasionally on (Histomil) another related site ~ and they / he only uses such web sites ~

I checked and sure enough all my images ~ have the "please update your account" ~ but fortunately for 'him' many others have used other third party sites ~

But what a chaos as I am not going to pay the outrageous fees ~ But having said that I WILL endeavour to repair the damage on my Blog ~

One method I suggest would be to pay the $5.99 fee only ~ (but ONLY via Pay pal I might add ) and then 'snip' every image and reinstall ~

Or I can go back through the posts and reinstall all the photos as per "Hunt" ~ as I have them all filed in folders on my PC and even backed up !

Thankfully I switched to the site up loader in 2013 ~ so all is not lost `but I feel I have an obligation to the WR site to repair the issue I have created ~

I thank senior members for their patience

I banned photohosting sites from the GHW forum when we launched in 2006. Via the admin panel you have options to block the most popular ones , the few that slipped through need to be caught by the mods and the no hosting site policy needs to be policed and enforced. It was very efficient.

I agree some forums their history has been wiped clean by such sites and all the effort put in was lost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast