Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

uploading photo's in the classifieds

Article about: Hi Guys trying to put an M1 helmet up for sale in the classifieds but after I've entered all the fields , inserted photo's & pressed submit I get an error message saying jpg exceeds PHP

Default uploading photo's in the classifieds

Hi Guys trying to put an M1 helmet up for sale in the classifieds but after I've entered all the fields , inserted photo's & pressed submit I get an error message saying jpg exceeds PHP max upload . Now I've uploaded the same photos to the forum in the past with no problems . Any ideas guys ? do I have to somehow make the images smaller? regards Paul

?

Hello Paul, I have never had issues with the size of uploaded photo's on this forum however I always edit or crop the photo's a bit on the pc before uploading. I did also notice that previously I was able to choose numerous photo's at once in the photo uploader and now I am forced to choose one at time. Not sure what has changed recently. I'm sure someone will provide some answers.

Al

MAP
    ?

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Hi Guys trying to put an M1 helmet up for sale in the classifieds but after I've entered all the fields , inserted photo's & pressed submit I get an error message saying jpg exceeds PHP max upload . Now I've uploaded the same photos to the forum in the past with no problems . Any ideas guys ? do I have to somehow make the images smaller? regards Paul
    Sometimes it lets me upload 9mb files and other times it blocks me when they are over 3mb. As Al said, cropping typically works. But you can always reduce the file size. Lots of free software out there to do it. My favorite is Fast Image Resizer.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am not sure, but it is possible that photos need to be smaller for the Classifieds than on the regular forum.
    I'm sure that Ade or Dimas will know for sure.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)