Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Upside down, sideways cell phone pics

Article about: I have found a solution to the only "headache (neck-ache)" I have encountered since joining this forum. Shotty cell phone pics, poor quality, upside down, sideways. Become a real t

Default Upside down, sideways cell phone pics

I have found a solution to the only "headache (neck-ache)" I have encountered since joining this forum. Shotty cell phone pics, poor quality, upside down, sideways. Become a real thorn in my side that I will not even look at a posted item if the pics are sideways or upside down.

So my solution to upside down pics, shoot the pic "UPSIDE DOWN", this way when you upload onto the forum, it should be correct side up. If the top of your pic comes out side ways, shoot the pic sideways. That may correct the upload. Of course one can always spend the time to understand their phone/camera & figure out why they are having this problem...but why bother. Guess easier to just leave for the admin to straighten it out for you

Not noticed your little bug bear David LOL :-)
    "Per Ardua"

This can be easily fixed, providing the person posting the photos has access to a computer. All they need to do is attach their phone or tablet to their PC, find the image in the files, then right click 'edit.' If it loads in the correct orientation, they only need to save it to their computer and upload that version rather than the original. If it isn't the right way up, the image can be rotated to the correct orientation and then saved.
    Obviously this doesn't help if you don't have access to a PC or laptop, but it's the solution I've used since joining up and it never fails. It's incredibly easy to do, and takes little more than a couple of minutes. For that reason I 'browse' the forum on my tablet, and use my PC whenever I'm actively posting things.

B.B.

Hi Paul (LOL)
    Not really mad.... but low quality pics taken with no patience or pride or care, can cheapen a forum & pics that were posted on a recent thread today by a new member,that type of behavior can spread like a plague. If I was a moderator (good thing I am not) upside down, sideways pics would be deleted ASAP.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    This can be easily fixed, providing the person posting the photos has access to a computer. All they need to do is attach their phone or tablet to their PC, find the image in the files, then right click 'edit.' If it loads in the correct orientation, they only need to save it to their computer and upload that version rather than the original. If it isn't the right way up, the image can be rotated to the correct orientation and then saved.
    Obviously this doesn't help if you don't have access to a PC or laptop, but it's the solution I've used since joining up and it never fails. It's incredibly easy to do, and takes little more than a couple of minutes. For that reason I 'browse' the forum on my tablet, and use my PC whenever I'm actively posting things.

B.B.
    Thank you B.B.
    Is it so difficult for you ? So time consuming ? Sounds like it is not.

As discussed before, okay if you are at a show or yard sale & need a quick opinion, fine, use a cell phone. But I think most have a laptop or PC of some sort in their home to upload respectable legible pictures

Takes me literally thirty seconds, and I wouldn't exactly call myself a technical wizard. With the technology that's available today, I feel it's imperative that starting collectors utilize it as much as possible.
    Especially when it comes to posting photographs the right way up, it's common courtesy. Not all of us are contortionists.

B.B.

Quote by real steel View Post
    If I was a moderator (good thing I am not) upside down, sideways pics would be deleted ASAP.
    As you have already read David, that was the solution posted by the former Moderator of the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    As you have already read David, that was the solution posted by the former Moderator of the Orders and Decorations section of the forum.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Adrian, over 4 years ago. Guess it's not just me

?

They do get to me also.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    They do get to me also.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Oh...so much more to worry about in life, right Phil ?

Thanks for the laugh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast