Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Warrelics EU stealing CPU power

Article about: My CPU skyrockets everytime I visit this site, even as I am typing this. it uses up to 700 % CPU power. On NO other site does this happen to me. And as I see this site is 'unsecure' accordin

Default Warrelics EU stealing CPU power

My CPU skyrockets everytime I visit this site, even as I am typing this. it uses up to 700 % CPU power. On NO other site does this happen to me. And as I see this site is 'unsecure' according to my browser, I have suspicion that it may have something to do with this site.

After doing some checking around, I found out that this may be caused by the site using my CPU power to mine crypo coins.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I am afraid I will have to quit using this site, for the belief that we are being used for the founder to make money off of us unknowingly. I find it unacceptable.

sad to say.

I saw mention of coin miners in the technical issues thread a few days ago. There is certainly something going on behind the scenes, although I believe this is the doing of a malicious third party rather than the site's owners. For what it's worth, I'm experiencing no additional CPU usage as a result of using this site.

If there is a cryptocurrency miner at work here, I believe it has come from some external source, rather than being intentionally installed here. I'm not familiar with the technical specifics of such miners, but can't imagine it would be too hard for a third party to have slipped it in somewhere along the line.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    I saw mention of coin miners in the technical issues thread a few days ago. There is certainly something going on behind the scenes, although I believe this is the doing of a malicious third party rather than the site's owners. For what it's worth, I'm experiencing no additional CPU usage as a result of using this site.

If there is a cryptocurrency miner at work here, I believe it has come from some external source, rather than being intentionally installed here. I'm not familiar with the technical specifics of such miners, but can't imagine it would be too hard for a third party to have slipped it in somewhere along the line.

Regards, B.B.
    Glad I'm not alone regarding the CPU usage as I have no issue too.

Peacefrog - yes the site is being used for Cryptojacking. I don't think this is something deliberate by the site owners.
    Likely it is malicious code or a rogue ad. Give Dimas a chance to sort it.
    BB, Rene - possibly you have sufficient anti-malware to block the cryptojacking.

As an aside, yes i definitely think the site should be secure (https) - hopefully this can also be looked at.

Nick

I also have no issues
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I haven’t got a clue what any of this means.

Baffled Bob

Quote by Kohima View Post
    I haven’t got a clue what any of this means.

Baffled Bob
    Hey Bob see post no. 18 here - IE Explorer issues

when i change page it says waiting for hostingcloud racing.

It's been going on with the hostingcloud malware for over a week, but for quite some time I have been aware that there appear to be lots of scripts running on this site.

All, whilst this issue is being addressed, try and use/work out ad blocking extensions to your web browser/s bit of luck it will help you! nuff said!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast